News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Omicron accounted for about 11% of the cases today. Case growth +60% since last Saturday. I hate being pessimistic but I'm certainly not optimistic right now.

Omicron accounted for about 11% of the cases today. Case growth +60% since last Saturday. I hate being pessimistic but I'm certainly not optimistic right now.

Iff it much more mild it might not be a bad thing for Omicron to dominate - but I have doubts that it is mild to the point that it would create less pressure on hospitals/ICU even with the greater level of infectivity than other variants.

AoD

I had a quick lunch at a Toronto Popeye's location the other day and upon pulling out my vacs proof, the cashier said "don't worry, we don't check." I replied "well, that actually makes me worry." She didn't laugh and just looked away.

I was at an independent coffee shop out in my neck of woods this morning - they not only asked whether I am dine in or not - but they checked my QR code and had a look at my ID as well; while the Tim's (I know) didn't give two s**ts about anything - didn't ask, didn't react.

AoD

I was at an independent coffee shop out in my neck of woods this morning - they not only asked whether I am dine in or not - but they checked my QR code and had a look at my ID as well; while the Tim's (I know) didn't give two s**ts about anything - didn't ask, didn't react.

AoD
Interesting this is people's experience. As someone who plays hockey, I am always asked for my proof of vaccination much to my own annoyance since you have to be fully vaxxed to be allowed on a roster anyway.

Interesting this is people's experience. As someone who plays hockey, I am always asked for my proof of vaccination much to my own annoyance since you have to be fully vaxxed to be allowed on a roster anyway.

I wasn't the slightest bit annoyed by them asking for my pass plus ID - that's what they should be doing to be sure.

AoD

I wasn't the slightest bit annoyed by them asking for my pass plus ID - that's what they should be doing to be sure.

AoD
I only find it annoying when it's the same person at our home rink that we go to every week and she knows all of us and always checks the screening (which she should) plus vax status and ID. That's what I was annoyed by to clarify. Otherwise yes they should always be checking.

Of course the vaccination portal is down right now since the government has had barely a year to make it work properly.

Edit: It finally worked 40 minutes later.

Last edited:

Back