News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Ford's government is meeting today to discuss how well the fifth wave is going.

yeah-if-you-s5ec36.jpg
From link.

After the meeting...

So someone tested positive at my wife's work. Thank goodness the TDSB sent our girls home with a box of rapid tests so she was able to use one. It was negative as expected.

So someone tested positive at my wife's work. Thank goodness the TDSB sent our girls home with a box of rapid tests so she was able to use one. It was negative as expected.
I’d hold those scarce rapid tests until you see symptoms, especially since school is closed until at least Wednesday.

From today's experience, if you have a booster booked for a long time out, don't stop looking on various sites. But also make sure you're looking at the local PHUs, hospital groups, supplementary health care services, etc.

Last night, I felt lucky to have last week booked an appointment at the MTCC for January 27th; considering many aren't able to get anything until February now.

This morning, more spots opened up and I was able to book for January 19th at the MTCC.

I kept looking around and was able to get my wife an appointment for 2:45pm this afternoon through the Sherbourne Health website. It was a single spot, so I wasn't able to book the same for me. I'm guessing I lucked upon a cancelled appointment.

As part of our daily walk, I decided that my daughter and I would go with her when she went to get it. It's about a 2km walk from our place to the Fred Victor centre.

When we got there, they'd opened up a limited number of walk-ins. My wife got in the appointment line and I decided I'd take my chances at the walk-in line (there were only about 5 people ahead of me). The wrangler outside said for us to keep together, despite my lack of appointment, and we went in as a group from the appointment line.

As a result, we got our Moderna boosters, making us both Az-M-M. If anyone in the Yonge corridor or Bloor East is having trouble finding a booster, try checking Sherbourne Health. From what I'm to understand, a limited number of walk-ins are done on Tuesdays at 2:45.
I logged in here and remembered this post from several days ago. It reminded me to visit the Sherbourne Health website, and wouldn't you know it... there was an appointment open for Wednesday this week. Moves me up from four weeks from now.
I also saw that as of right now they have a handful of appointments open on Saturday January 15th at the Fred Victor Centre in Regent Park. Probably will be gone in minutes, but there's at least one opening right now.

I’d hold those scarce rapid tests until you see symptoms, especially since school is closed until at least Wednesday.
Yeah, we only used one because she is 24 weeks pregnant and super cautious. She isn’t sure what is going to happen at work, since she is an ECE. Maybe they close the room or something but nothing decided so far.

Not sure if this is official/true. Schools are to remain closed for an additional two weeks.

That’s going to be difficult to implement because all of the thousands of tablets and laptops the TDSB sent home with kids have now been returned. They‘re now in a TDSB warehouse awaiting reformatting, resetting and returning to their usual schools. If kids are told to learn from home for two weeks only those with extra home PCs can do it.

Back