News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I take the bus in the morning, everyone masked. Kids getting on the school bus across street i see about two kids wearing masks.
On a similar note, our double-vaxxed daughter goes to her 4th grade class in an N95. A handful of other parents also send their kids in good quality filtration masks (N95 or equivalent). Most wear cloth masks or loose surgical style. About half of the kids in her class don't wear masks at all (including one, who is the child of a teacher and nurse, and another who is the child of someone with a PHD in Genomics).

The TDSB and the school told us they would continue reporting potential exposures. And so, her class like many in her school and the entire TDSB had an outbreak; theirs started about three weeks ago.

Oh, didn't hear about the massive number of school outbreaks? Thank Doug Ford!

We got one notification of a positive in her class one Tuesday morning before school started and were concerned, but didn't stop us from sending her. The student hadn't been in class since before the weekend anyway. By the end of that school day, there were three more reported in her class, so we pulled her from school for the rest of the week and the following Monday for it to settle out. At that point, we were sure she'd been exposed and probably brought it home, but didn't want to add fuel to the fire by sending her back if it was potentially incubating within her.

Seven more kids were reported positive over the next couple of days. In all, half of her class of 21 were absent with covid. Including at one point, her teacher. Our daughter never tested positive a single day off, nor several times since. Nor to my knowledge, did any of the kids wearing good quality masks, some of whom remained in class. A small number of those wearing cloth masks were absent, but only one I know of that actually tested positive.

But every last one of the kids *not* wearing masks caught it as it spread around the class.

To this day, we're still getting notifications from the TDSB about other classes in her school. Three of her supplementary teachers (Gym, Music and French) have also been absent during the last three weeks. You wonder why Ford wanted to stop province-wide school reporting and open PCR testing? It's pretty clear.

Anti-vaxxers are furious that the Toronto Zoo is protecting its animals with vaccines

From link.

The Toronto Zoo is taking fire from the anti-vaxxer community again after recently announcing that it had received 320 doses to inoculate 120 animals against COVID-19.

There's a sixth wave bearing down on Toronto, but you wouldn't know it from a trip to any major destination in the city. And as crowds return, the Toronto Zoo is doing what it can to protect its most vulnerable residents.

"We are happy to report we have had no positive cases in any of our animals throughout this pandemic and being able to add this extra layer of protection allows us to continue doing everything we can to provide them with the highest level of protection and medical care," said Dolf DeJong, CEO of the Toronto Zoo, in a video posted to YouTube.
It's a science-based decision meant to ensure the safety of animals susceptible to the virus, so naturally, conspiracy-consuming anti-vaxxers are turning it into a whole thing.
One commenter, a self-described "freedom fighter," said that "The Toronto Zoo have lost their damn minds" despite a bio claiming to be "anti-mandates" and not "anti-vax." To be clear, there's no mandate here. It's just vaccines for vulnerable animals. The horror, right?
Another tried to paint the move to prevent animals from dying unnecessarily as "animal abuse" by zoo staff.

But those who follow the "freedom of choice" school of anti-vax thinking may be pleased to know that, as unbelievable as it sounds, the animals are actually given the choice of whether to participate in the zoo's vaccine program. However, that might be a bit of an exaggeration.

Zoo staff train animals to willingly present an area of the body (with a little assistance from food) to prepare them for injections, and the animals only get the shot if they want the reward. Otherwise, the zoo claims animals can walk away at any time.

Animals are given doses two-to-three weeks apart, the specific zoo residents selected based on a COVID-19 sensitivity list developed through ongoing research and reports of positive cases in other zoos.

Similar vaccination programs have been active in U.S. zoos since 2021 and, contrary to the wild claims of online commenters, there have been no reports of any significant adverse effects to date.

COVID-19-related zoo animal deaths have been reported, yet these so-called freedom fighters want to make it seem like the vaccine is the greater threat, despite all evidence suggesting otherwise.

Most of the customers at Costco had masks on tonight. Most of the employees did not.
I went to Costco last night, my first time shopping unmasked. I’d say more than half of the shoppers were unmasked. It felt a little weird at first, but I’m healthy, triple vaxed and a recent Covid “survivor” (oh, I so hate it when people use that word when your survival was not at great risk) so I figured, let’s go.

Last edited:
I went to Costco last night, my first time shopping unmasked. I’d say more than half of the shoppers were unmasked. It felt a little weird at first, but I’m healthy, triple vaxed and a recent Covid “survivor” (oh, I so hate it when people use that word when your survival was not at great risk) so I figured, let’s go.
I just recently got over COVID myself (tested negative this morning for the first time since Easter Monday). It's impossible to know for certain where I was when I contracted it, but based on the places I had been and when I started showing symptoms, my theory is Costco.

I just recently got over COVID myself (tested negative this morning for the first time since Easter Monday). It's impossible to know for certain where I was when I contracted it, but based on the places I had been and when I started showing symptoms, my theory is Costco.
I caught it in the UK, likely on the train between Paddington Station in Colchester. There was an unmasked family of four coughing the whole time beside me. I wore my mask, but to no avail. Hardly anyone in the UK was wearing a mask when I was there in March.

I tested positive this morning...

FB_IMG_1651058557124.jpg

Welcome to the club! How are your symptoms?

I feel like I got hit by a truck.

I have chills, fatigue, sore throat, runny nose and a cough. I was lucky enough to snag a room at the Toronto Voluntary Isolation Centre.

They provide all the food, a warm bed and it keeps me away from my family. I live with my folks and I want to do everything I can to prevent them from getting sick.

I had 5 positive tests this morning (the lines were faint) to confirm.

My work is very understanding. I texted my boss this morning and told her what happened. Everything is being done by the book to avoid any issues.

That being said Monday I had aches and chills. Yesterday I had a runny nose, a cough, sore throat, fatigue and chills.

I woke up this morning, it didn't shake and so I took the tests. At that point I called TPH.

So my first night in this voluntary isolation centre is not bad at all. They provided salmon and potatoes for dinner along with a rice crispie square.

My appetite is non-existent at the moment however the accommodations are more than satisfactory. I even have an amazing view of the lake.

Thank you to everyone who paid their taxes!

So my first night in this voluntary isolation centre is not bad at all. They provided salmon and potatoes for dinner along with a rice crispie square.

My appetite is non-existent at the moment however the accommodations are more than satisfactory. I even have an amazing view of the lake.

Haha you're welcome.

Hope you're feeling better soon. The headache was brutal.

Outrageous! My tax dollars giving people luxury desserts like rice crispie squares while they enjoy "lake view" accommodations and get to skip work too!?

Just kidding and get well soon!

Back