News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Got my fourth Moderna shot yesterday at Thornclfife mall. Lots of bored staff. I asked the poker if this shot protected me against the latest variants, to which she replied “no, that shot’s coming out in the fall”. Sigh. Why did I bother? But four shots plus a solid Covid infection in March 2020 should give me some protection.

Honestly I think there is alot of vaccine fatigue.

At first I was excited to be vaccinated but now everyone I know (who has 3 doses) is not up for getting a 4th.

Even myself, I can't be bothered to get a 4th just so I can get a 5th or 6th when a new variant comes out.

Eric Topol posted something on Twitter last month suggesting that according to recent data, people 50+ would benefit the most from getting their fourth shot now, and younger people should probably wait for an updated vaccine.

He also posted this table showing the benefits for older people. I got mine a few weeks ago; after 3 doses of Pfizer, I got a Moderna - it really knocked me out for a day or two.
FYszf08VQAAa15L.jpg

The third shot was almost as unpleasant a reaction as actual COVID for me. The second dose was worse. I will consider getting an update vaccine but it might be a function of what the COVID situation is looking like. If the variants continue to get milder in effect I may not bother.

I’m going to get my shingles vaccine before I get a fifth Covid poke to cover new variants.

For those who are waiting, they’ve already stated that getting your fourth will not prevent you from getting the bivalent available in the fall.

Besides which, current estimates are that if the bivalent is set to target Omicron BA.5, we likely won’t see shots until December.

Getting a fourth doesn’t hurt in any way, and if it can prevent a modicum of the respiratory disease wave that always happens in September/October, then everyone who can get it, should get it.

For those who are waiting, they’ve already stated that getting your fourth will not prevent you from getting the bivalent available in the fall.

Besides which, current estimates are that if the bivalent is set to target Omicron BA.5, we likely won’t see shots until December.

Getting a fourth doesn’t hurt in any way, and if it can prevent a modicum of the respiratory disease wave that always happens in September/October, then everyone who can get it, should get it.

Yes but I can't keep taking time off work for a vaccine appointment.

I have personal days but I'd blow through them pretty quick on appointments and recovery time. When I got my third dose I was out for 2 days.

That's really the key thing here.. a 4th dose isn't mandatory like the third is to be considered fully vaccinated.

Many people don't have the time or desire to get a non-mandatory booster every few months.

Yes but I can't keep taking time off work for a vaccine appointment.

I have personal days but I'd blow through them pretty quick on appointments and recovery time. When I got my third dose I was out for 2 days.

That's really the key thing here.. a 4th dose isn't mandatory like the third is to be considered fully vaccinated.

Many people don't have the time or desire to get a non-mandatory booster every few months.
Most clinics are doing walk-ins for fourth dose. I was in and out of the East York Town Centre in 20 minutes, after work hours and had zero reaction/feeling of unwellness in the days following. And that included the 15 minute wait—which would’ve only been 5, had I not received my first dose of Pfizer (my first three were AZ-M-M).

Most people have only mild immune response with a fourth dose, if any. Side effects generally peak with second dose.

Getting a fourth dose is a minor inconvenience at worst—not a massive undertaking that requires intense planning, days off work and aftercare for the vast majority of people. Considering you can’t even get one at less than a six month interval, it’s no worse for scheduling than the dentist, only faster, less intrusive and available on the weekends and evenings.

Treating it like its a huge undertaking is truly just making excuses.

Last edited:
Move over Covid-19. Monkeypox declared a global health emergency by the World Health Organization following a surge in cases.
Well, damn, I figured as I'm not into guys I'd be fine, but I'm always up for cuddling dogs.

Out of curiosity, who still hasn't got COVID? I could say that until it ripped through our family over the last few weeks. First, my dad tested positive a few days after we were at their place for dinner. Then my wife and our baby got it, followed by my mom. The only one who somehow avoided testing positive was our eight year old. All of the cases were relatively mild and we finished our five day isolation.

I got it before it was cool (October 2020). Managed to keep it away from my wife and son, who still haven't had it (that we're aware of, anyway). Parents and wife's parents haven't had it yet either. Almost everyone else in our social circles has at some point.

Back