News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Seems like something weird happening in Cali..

1 friend and a a cousin I know are also moving out of the state

Last edited:
I expect it will be a replay of the Tea Party after 2008. Corporate donors will keep them politically activated.

I expect democrat voters to be dumb like the Obama years and fall asleep and the dems get rekt in 2022 by crazies.

I hope that does not happen but it seems likely.

Texas Judge agrees to hear bid to throw out 100K votes cast at drive-thru polls

October 31, 2020

A federal judge in Texas scheduled an emergency hearing for Monday on whether Houston officials unlawfully allowed drive-thru voting and should toss more than 100,000 votes in the Democratic-leaning area.

In a brief order, U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen in Houston on Friday agreed to hear arguments by a Republican state legislator and others that votes already cast at drive-thru voting sites in the Houston area should be rejected.

The lawsuit was brought on Wednesday by plaintiffs including Steve Hotze, a conservative activist, and state Representative Steve Toth. They accused Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins, a Democrat, of exceeding his constitutional authority by allowing drive-thru voting as an alternative to walk-in voting during the coronavirus pandemic.

Harris County, home to about 4.7 million people, is the third most populous county in the United States. It currently has 10 drive-thru polling sites, which are available to all voters.

The lawsuit came after the Texas Supreme Court, one of the most conservative state courts in the United States, rejected similar bids to halt drive-thru voting in Harris County.

The Globe and Mail has a story on the issues the next President will have to confront (or the danger to the U.S. if they don't)

Its really one of the best pieces I've seen them publish.

Without being overly academic, its data-forward on Healthcare, on Climate Change on Labour force participation, Income Inequality and more.

It also speaks to some issues for Canada by way of comparison in some cases (data on mortality causes for several counties, as well as healthcare costs per person, and those same impacts of climate change)

Article is free (non-paywall)

The Globe and Mail has a story on the issues the next President will have to confront (or the danger to the U.S. if they don't)

Its really one of the best pieces I've seen them publish.

Without being overly academic, its data-forward on Healthcare, on Climate Change on Labour force participation, Income Inequality and more.

It also speaks to some issues for Canada by way of comparison in some cases (data on mortality causes for several counties, as well as healthcare costs per person, and those same impacts of climate change)

Article is free (non-paywall)

That is why I am not a fan of Joe Biden even though he is the compromise candidate to beat Trump, I dont think he is up for the task to fix the problems.

You need like an all time American President like Lincoln or FDR to fix America's problem right now.

That is why I am not a fan of Joe Biden even though he is the compromise candidate to beat Trump, I dont think he is up for the task to fix the problems.

You need like an all time American President like Lincoln or FDR to fix America's problem right now.

Biden's attribute is this: "Not Trump"

That is sufficient to be an improvement; but may well fall short on dealing wthe challenges the U.S. will face in the years ahead.

He would not have been my choice; but he's what's on offer.

That is sufficient to be an improvement; but may well fall short on dealing wthe challenges the U.S. will face in the years ahead.

Yeah pretty much it be an America on the decline but maybe not falling off a cliff.

Like people are expecting him to blow up the supreme court and the electoral college (not happening).

His big focus will be trying to repair trumps damage on many things like climate then dealing with corona and the economic collapse it brought.

Reminds of how John Tory's main attribute was "Not Ford", and sure enough, while he's been an improvement as mayor, he's also been woefully inadequate in making progressive changes needed in Toronto.

Reminds of how John Tory's main attribute was "Not Ford", and sure enough, while he's been an improvement as mayor, he's also been woefully inadequate in making progressive changes needed in Toronto.

Anyone, excluding Ford Nation and their lapdogs, would have been better than Rob Ford. As for Donald Trump, anyone other than the Republican brown nosers, would have been acceptable.

And also--do they really think that blockading a Biden/Harris bus and thwarting a rally is going to dissuade voters? With word getting around, it might even elevate the determination of those Dems who had been looking forward to said rally.

It's sort of like: in the midst of his act, does a crazed mass shooter *really* think he's drawing sympathy? (Other than among a small enclave of disturbed-fellow-traveller Redditors, of course)

Yeah, I guess the Dem voters are "guilty". By refusing to be intimidated into voting for Trump or away from the polling station, they're implicitly stating, "bring the Boogaloo on". *They're* the instigators. It's all *their* fault. Etc. Etc.

My issue is not so much Biden but the people around him concern me.

Texas Judge agrees to hear bid to throw out 100K votes cast at drive-thru polls

October 31, 2020

A federal judge in Texas scheduled an emergency hearing for Monday on whether Houston officials unlawfully allowed drive-thru voting and should toss more than 100,000 votes in the Democratic-leaning area.

In a brief order, U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen in Houston on Friday agreed to hear arguments by a Republican state legislator and others that votes already cast at drive-thru voting sites in the Houston area should be rejected.

The lawsuit was brought on Wednesday by plaintiffs including Steve Hotze, a conservative activist, and state Representative Steve Toth. They accused Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins, a Democrat, of exceeding his constitutional authority by allowing drive-thru voting as an alternative to walk-in voting during the coronavirus pandemic.

Harris County, home to about 4.7 million people, is the third most populous county in the United States. It currently has 10 drive-thru polling sites, which are available to all voters.

The lawsuit came after the Texas Supreme Court, one of the most conservative state courts in the United States, rejected similar bids to halt drive-thru voting in Harris County.

Thank god!

They were only attempting this because of the fact the GOP may lose Texas to the Democrats which has not happened since 1972. As someone said on CNN if the GOP loses Texas and/or Georgia it will force them to change.

Texas, Georgia and Kentucky are the bread and butter of the GOP. If they go Democrat they are in trouble.

Back