News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

sure i'm down for that. it'd be great to meet some UT members.

it says to come at least 15min early so meet up somewhere near the base?

How about 1:40 inside where sign-in takes place (I have no idea how this will work).

I thought I had some Spacing subway buttons here (but I have them all at work, making a cute subway map decorating my cubicle wall) to identify myself. But it'll make it more fun - spot the urban geeks!

u can prob recognize me by my green puma hat ill be wearing.

My plan: Start early at the Distillery District, head over to OCAD, work my way up to College, then over to Yorkvile ... and east to rendezvous with the fabulous UTGA boys in the village.

I live in Queen West and walked around for about two hours. The city is ALIVE. I love it!

There are thousands of people on the street, walking into galleries, indulging in the street life, some people being creative by wearing crazy outfits. I saw a Mr.Frog walking around (guy in a striped suit and cane wearing a frog head), seen some teddy bear outfits too.

The CAMH @ Ossington was awesome with an open stage. People came on stage to sing, to tell jokes or simply to stare at the audience and get a reaction.

I'm now headed off to Zone B and then through Queen's Park and up to the ROM @ Zone A.

Whew, what a night! Overwhelming. And the crowds! If there were 400,000 people last year then it had to be double this year. I didn't get home until 9 so I didn't get out & about until 10pm, but I saw a lot of zone A & B.
In only it's second year this is turning out to be one of Toronto's greatest events.

I do not recall the city being that crowded in so many spots at once. I simply could not believe the amount of people who came out. This is definately a city event that has been fully embraced.

What an evening! And what a city! The art was almost incidental to the "happening" on the streets! The conversation people were having about the art they were seeing and art in general was in itself an "audio installation" piece. Well freaking done!

my friends went from Brampton, i should have gone. :mad:

They just came back... :(

Being in the neighbourhood, used the Bloor-Lansdowne Dyan Marie stuff as an early-evening appetizer. In that empty space with the three turntables, I managed to configure a combo of Vivaldi, Herbie Mann, and Laura Nyro. It worked. And I gave a good godspeed to Peter Tabuns while I was at it...

One of the greatest nights of my life!!! the City was beyond words... the energy and vibe on the streets! what an event and what a city... made me so proud!

I do not recall the city being that crowded in so many spots at once. I simply could not believe the amount of people who came out. This is definately a city event that has been fully embraced.

I agree. It was pretty incredible. This festival is quite a success. I wish they'd do it every month!

Unfortunately I didn't get to see everything I wanted to. We went to Yorkville, the Ingram Gallery, the Gardiner, OCAD and a few other stops.

The city should plan for some more festivals in the fall and winter months. I think January and/or February should have along winter festival that really brings the city to life.

Back