News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Re: MOU Signed

MrOttawa,

If those studies are still under way (hopefully), then that is good news. My hope is that the NCC would view this possible train expansion as a direct improvement to the National Capital Region, and take this portion of the project under their wing. It is a no-brainer to see how much could be linked by a single transit line.

I just hope that any negotiations don't go at the same speed as a the new traffic bridge proposals across the Ottawa River, otherwise we shall be very old men by the time any of this happens.

This AMs Citizen quotes a Conservative minister responsible for the NCC has stated that he will suppor the SDC transitway. I doubt were will see any rail over to Gat soon.

What's the SDC? I know of the STO, which has the "Rapidbus" project, that would basically come up to the Prince of Wales bridge. One reason why I wonder why the O-Train isn't going to Hull.

You are right it is STO. Isn't Prince of Wales bridge the railroad bridge the City bought that goes to Gat?

I believe in SSP, I've read that the option to use Prince of Wales as an O-Train bridge to Gatineau is dead. It's going to be a pedestrian/bike bridge apparently. There really should be a coordinated strategy between the two cities, sort of a NCC Transpo.

Back