News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

I love how it's impacting the University of Toronto. I don't mind architectural juxtaposition; buildings behind buildings looks great. “Messy urbanism.” I wish the view was flooded with buildings poking into the sky like One Bedford.

I agree with the previous comment. What we need is layers of buildings filling in the sky, walling in heritage areas like the U of T campus and Queens Park. I think part of what offends right now is the fact that 1 Bedford is still under construction and has a crane on top. The clean finished form will be much more agreeable.

I agree with the previous comment. What we need is layers of buildings filling in the sky, walling in heritage areas like the U of T campus and Queens Park. I think part of what offends right now is the fact that 1 Bedford is still under construction and has a crane on top. The clean finished form will be much more agreeable.

I also agree with this sentiment. The growing wall of skyscrapers surrounding U of T, including those along Bay Street, reinforces the feeling that the campus is, to quote Urban Shocker, an "oasis" of relative serenity, thought, and reverence in the middle of the bustling city. It reminds me of the feeling one gets when standing in Central Park looking south into Midtown Manhattan. Right now One Bedford stands out because it is the tallest tower north of campus, but a small handful of towers of similar height will create a more cohesive look to the backdrop. I say bring 'em on.

Back