News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I called Mr Millers office and they told me the BEST thing anyone could do is make the phone ring of mcgintys phone... Or make the secretary forward emails...

Contact Dalton Thanks for visiting my website.

"I'm always looking for new ideas on how to make Ontario an even better place to live and work. Please send me your thoughts and suggestions. And if you have a concern or a question, let me know about it.

I look forward to hearing from you."

Dalton McGuinty, Premier
Legislative Building
Queen's Park
Toronto ON M7A 1A1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fax
You can fax me at (416) 325-3745.

https://www.premier.gov.on.ca/feedback/feedback.asp?Lang=EN THIS LINK BRINGS YOU TO HIS EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I however would think that contacting all MPPS and future mayors explaining our disatisfaction would make them put pressure on the premier as well.....

BY THE WAY THE SECRETARY at "HONERABLE" lol office tried to debate me that this was good for the city and a good way to not spend money... Maybe shes had a ton of phone calls and is cracking herself.

Contact the Mayor

E-mail: mayor_miller@toronto.ca

Mail:
Toronto City Hall, 2nd Floor, 100 Queen St. West, Toronto ON M5H 2N2
Phone:
416-397-CITY (2489)
Fax:
416-696-3687

See how you can invite the Mayor to your next event.

http://sarahthomson.ca/

HOW ABOUT THIS... Im not saying that i think that she would eb a good mayor for anything other then transit...but for the next 4 yrs transit is what we NEED... If we make pressure on the future mayors then itll become a issue.. and become unacceptable...

Mon. March, 29th - 6:00 pm
Meet the Mayoral Candidates in Scarborough
Mayoral Debate - Mary Ward Catholic Secondary School - auditorium, at 3200 Kennedy Rd., north of McNicoll Avenue

Unfortunately...

Well, they're removing $4 billion, which is less than half the funding. It's gutted TC, but maybe it's still alive...

I'm reading this as basically shelving most of the plan till some future government decides what to do.

For me, this pretty much spells the end of transit plans for the forseeable future. We're all familar with this dance and song routine we've been seeing for several decades now.

It's just not going to change because in this province, transit isn't important and no one wants to committ to sustained and long term funding and planning. No one has vision. It will not change.

We'll get a couple of token gesture projects here and there but we'll still have a woefully inferior transit system, crumbling and unable to service this city collapsing under its own weight.

I really wouldn't mind one bit if both the Sheppard East LRT and the Scarborough RT/LRT conversion were cancelled.

I couldn't agree more with you ! Out of all the "Transit City" projects these two are the most stupid.

Sheppard should have been an extension project of the Sheppard Line & the Scarborough RT should be scrapped & replaced with an extension of the Bloor-Danforth Line !

As someone has mentioned here, Sheppard has federal funding and is so the least likely to be postponed.

I think support for Toronto becomming it's own province just grew a lot today. It's the only way urban issues will get attention. The rest of the province doesnt give a shit about us, so we might as well go out on our own. It makes sense, so it probably will never happen.

Ironically, if they had just announced $5+ billion funding in the first place, few would have complained.

I think support for Toronto becomming it's own province just grew a lot today. It's the only way urban issues will get attention. The rest of the province doesnt give a shit about us, so we might as well go out on our own. It makes sense, so it probably will never happen.

It goes both ways. The rest of the province doesn't give a crap about Toronto, and Toronto doesn't give a crap about the rest of the province. I say this as someone who grew up in Ottawa, but currently lives in Toronto. The "heads up our own asses" mentality in Toronto is very much visible to the rest of the province.

And Toronto doesn't need to become it's own province, it just has to get access to a percentage of the provincial income taxes that are collected from its citizens. In fact, all municipalities do.

It goes both ways. The rest of the province doesn't give a crap about Toronto, and Toronto doesn't give a crap about the rest of the province. I say this as someone who grew up in Ottawa, but currently lives in Toronto. The "heads up our own asses" mentality in Toronto is very much visible to the rest of the province.

And Toronto doesn't need to become it's own province, it just has to get access to a percentage of the provincial income taxes that are collected from its citizens. In fact, all municipalities do.

It could be just me, because I have lived and traveled all over the province, including a 2 month stint in Dryden :O, however I think that the rest of the province has more of a knee jerk "heads up there asses" hatered mentality towards toronto, than the other way around. Or perhaps Ive been living below Bloor st, for too long that Ive lost touch with my trillium brothers and sisters in the hinterland?

So you prefer to continue with the status quo whereby we beg an Ontario Premier & Government for as in your example a 5 of the Ontario Income Tax :rolleyes: A % that on a whim could be changed or witheld :mad:

What benefit to Toronto or conversly to the Province of Ontario do you see from continuing to be a part of Ontario ?????????

Unfortunately there enough legal red tape and political laziness to prevent Toronto and area from becoming a province.

Anyways, has anyone notice when we finally come around to build something on Eglinton (BRT, Subway and now LRT) it always seems to get cancelled due to lack of funds because of a downturn in the economy.

Back