News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Slides from June 19th Timmins-Porcupine Station meeting linked here.

From the above:

1719426304951.png

1719426396357.png

More at the link.

Future bus storage facility looks interesting!
The current Timmins bus station is the former train station. I don't know if buses are 'home ported' in Timmins for storge, cleaning, minor maintenance, etc. but if they are, they might be looking to improve or consolidate their facilities.

Is the track in service to the west of the station?
No.

Only 36 parking spots.

This is starting to get farcical, if that's the estimated parking demand.

Instead of three $40-million trainsets, they could have purchased a half-dozen of these and offered more frequent service.

1719456288759.png

Only 36 parking spots.

This is starting to get farcical, if that's the estimated parking demand.

Instead of three $40-million trainsets, they could have purchased a half-dozen of these and offered more frequent service.

View attachment 575854
While that would be amazing.... I think they are hoping people in Timmins will take the city bus to the train.

There are no tracks south of Highway 101 from this point.
Actually, I think rail is still in place but long out of service. I no longer have a Canadian Trackside Guide but I believe the stretch west of Kidd was identified as 'Hydro Spur'. I don't know why they haven't pulled it up. The ROW is protected since it has a fibre optic cable running along it. Ontera spent millions laying down a fibre network before it was sold given away.

Having Timmins station that far from Timmins is reminiscent of Ryanair notoriously declaring Hahn airport “Frankfurt-Hahn”. But this is a politically driven service so having the existing ONTC bus shuttle people to and from Matheson in 68 minutes (presumably faster than the train can manage via Porquis Jct) won’t cut it

Back