News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I was wondering why they didn't have a second bus, one that follows the 400 route and goes to Sudbury also do this. I guess voting NDP will mean nothing good for the North.

Southbound, it seems that there is quite a buffer between the bus arriving and the train departing, to deal with the variability in highway travel times. This isn't an issue northbound with the bus waiting for the more reliable train.

If the bus is early there is the 18:26 bus from Allendale but on long weekends I would not count on it.

Overall a very expensive trip to North Bay unless there is a bus driver with a camp/cottage nearby (to avoid driving an empty bus back on Friday night and then up to North Bay on Monday)

I was wondering why they didn't have a second bus, one that follows the 400 route and goes to Sudbury also do this. I guess voting NDP will mean nothing good for the North.

Double the cost so it had to be one over the other.

This thread's title gives us a clue. It can be called Phase 1 of bringing back the train to North Bay. It will be a couple of years to negotiate the running rights, buy the right rolling stock, etc to get the train rolling. But the PC's can use this to say they are building the transit demand in the North as part of their election promise. They have been swift to act on their key promises to each region and this is one of them that is hard to execute so they had to create an interim step.

Double the cost so it had to be one over the other.

This thread's title gives us a clue. It can be called Phase 1 of bringing back the train to North Bay. It will be a couple of years to negotiate the running rights, buy the right rolling stock, etc to get the train rolling. But the PC's can use this to say they are building the transit demand in the North as part of their election promise. They have been swift to act on their key promises to each region and this is one of them that is hard to execute so they had to create an interim step.

I hope you are right. The problem is, it doesn't look so well when you have 2 routes that are served from Barrie Bus station.

Sounds like the new service is doing well. Tweet update here.

2vyUpax

Well duh, it took them how many years to figure out there's a demand for this kind of service?

Now they just need something similar for Collingwood/Blue Mountain in the winter. I'm sure there's lots of people who don't care to undertake the journey by car.

Well duh, it took them how many years to figure out there's a demand for this kind of service?

Now they just need something similar for Collingwood/Blue Mountain in the winter. I'm sure there's lots of people who don't care to undertake the journey by car.

Yes exactly. Blue Mountain and the surrounding ski areas are a huge draw. Only thing they need to figure out is how to accommodate skis for some passengers. Maybe its not required.

If the bus is early there is the 18:26 bus from Allendale but on long weekends I would not count on it.

Overall a very expensive trip to North Bay unless there is a bus driver with a camp/cottage nearby (to avoid driving an empty bus back on Friday night and then up to North Bay on Monday)

The Ontario Northland buses are dispatched from North Bay, so the bus would go back to the garage upon arrival in North Bay on Friday.

If they didn't add a corresponding southbound schedule Friday morning to ferry the bus down to Allandale, then they're deadheading a bus down from North Bay on Friday and back to North Bay on Sunday. North Bay to Barrie is well under 3 hours without stops, so this wouldn't be a big hit for a pilot project.

Back