News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Looks like an Ontario Northland test train will be making a trip from North Bay to Union Station tomorrow (Monday). The train made the Cochrane to North Bay trip today. Evidently (rumour) it will arrive at Union around 11 AM, and leave to return to North Bay around noon.

Looks like an Ontario Northland test train will be making a trip from North Bay to Union Station tomorrow (Monday). The train made the Cochrane to North Bay trip today. Evidently (rumour) it will arrive at Union around 11 AM, and leave to return to North Bay around noon.
How are they going to refuel and WYE the train in one hour? EDIT I didn't see the NPCU on the other end.

I guess the crew is qualified or will have CN pilots?

How are they going to refuel and WYE the train in one hour? EDIT I didn't see the NPCU on the other end.

I am guessing they will use Via or GO to gas up and turn around. Chances are they will be trained by the time it is running, but may just have a pilot for this run.

I am guessing they will use Via or GO to gas up and turn around. Chances are they will be trained by the time it is running, but may just have a pilot for this run.
But if the service is not going to be running for another 5+ years what's the point of doing a test train now?

But if the service is not going to be running for another 5+ years what's the point of doing a test train now?

The train used to do the entire round trip within 24 hours. They want it to do that again. This test will help them see what work is needed to attain that. No different than when they made a test run to London with the GO train prior to announcing service.

There is easily enough fuel to make it from North Bay to Toronto and back.

They aren't wying the train, they will cut the locos off and run around within the USRC.

CN and then Metrolinx pilots is my understanding.

Dan

There is easily enough fuel to make it from North Bay to Toronto and back.

They aren't wying the train, they will cut the locos off and run around within the USRC.

CN and then Metrolinx pilots is my understanding.

Dan
Don’t think they need to run the locomotives around. The F40 APU has cab controls in it. Only reason I can see them running around is if CN doesn’t want the APU leading in its territory. I suspect the layover at Union will be used for a political photo op. Which is deserved.

Looking at Robin Pascoe's photos...............does the track run through a landfill? What's this?

1637594173030.png

Back