News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I actually like design 2. It's different. None of our trains have a design like that. But I have a feeling design 1 will get chosen to look more like VIA.

I still feel that neither option is particularly distinctive or creative. If one were to pursue an Indigenous-themed look, which might play well, one could go much further.

Brightline, Transpenine and others have really raised the bar for paint schemes.

- Paul

ONR Class 802.jpg

I still feel that neither option is particularly distinctive or creative. If one were to pursue an Indigenous-themed look, which might play well, one could go much further.

Brightline, Transpenine and others have really raised the bar for paint schemes.

- Paul

View attachment 516764
It looks angry ;). FN motifs are on the PBX; I'm not sure it has to extend through their entire fleet.

Besides, I have heard the 'every child matters' livery on one of the locos caused some consternation between ONTC and the government.

I actually like design 2. It's different. None of our trains have a design like that. But I have a feeling design 1 will get chosen to look more like VIA.
I see why you say it looks like VIA’s new livery, but I like the inclusion of blue as VIA is moving away from it. Design 1 also looks like a throwback to the Trans European Express units ONTC used to operate.

1698807801514.jpeg

I assume she is wanting at least daily service. She may be disappointed.
They are politicking. My thinking is once the Northlander comes back, if they cans how the government there is enough of a demand for a daily service then they can push for it. Remember, this is a PC riding. My wonder is what will be the threshold before they look at GO service.

Looking at the map they have posted here I am a bit confused as to what the "Rail Connection" from Timmins to Cochrane is supposed to be.....is it the Northlander continuing up to Cochrane? Is it the Polar Bear Express line coming down? Is it a different rail thing all together? Im confused....

edit: here is the map in question rather than a link
mto-northern-rail-en-png-800x500-WEB_4.png

They have not clarified.

My guess is that it's A: actually still being evaluated and B: pretty certain to be the Northlander backing out of Timmins for some kind of meet with the Polar Bear.

They have not clarified.

My guess is that it's A: actually still being evaluated and B: pretty certain to be the Northlander backing out of Timmins for some kind of meet with the Polar Bear.
The Northlander can't back out and meet the Polar Bear, because there's nowhere near enough time for it to get to Cochrane before the PB departs. That's why they have a bus shuttle from Matheson to Cochrane.

Back