Member Bio
Reaction score

Previous Discussion on SSP Ottawa

Siteplan:

wGowC3d.png

Renders:

GfaEaK6.png
U3mioXp.png

Adding the devapps links, no new news to report sadly.

D01-01-22-0001- Official Plan amendment approved (2023-12-07)

D02-02-22-0012 - Bylaw amendment approved in part by OMB (2023-12-07)

Ontario Land Tribunal Settlement – 1047 Richmond Road, ACS2023-PRE-PS-00136 - Bay (7)

Report Recommendation(s)
  1. That Planning and Housing Committee recommend Council endorse a position before the Ontario Land Tribunal to support an amendment to the Official Plan in respect of 1047 Richmond Road in accordance with Documents 2 and 3 and an amendment to the zoning by-law in respect of 1047 Richmond Road in accordance with Documents1 and 4.
  2. That Planning and Housing Committee recommend to Council that Council’s endorsement of the Official Plan Amendment and Zoning Amendment be conditional upon the applicant executing an agreement, to the satisfaction of the City Solicitor that provides for 15 affordable housing units in each tower for 15 years as described in this report.
  3. Further detail here: https://pub-ottawa.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=152918

Last edited:
Basically, this is going to be cleared and approved, good move on their part going to OLT. We did lose one of the bigger towers, but as it stands now - it's still a beautiful development, so if nothing else changes... these will be beautiful additions to our skyline with amazing views of the river and the hills.

T
Any updates on this one? One of the nicer projects I am looking forward to...
To my knowledge, they took it to OLT knowing full well they'll get approval that way, city decided to propose working on it with them, they reduced a tower and city was looking to approve knowing it would be less hassle than letting it go through OLT. Probably working out the kinks and then they will put shovels in the ground as soon as possible. Could be like Dream, from what I remember they want to put shovels in the ground ASAP but a bit of slowdown from the city to finalize.

Back