5.1K     0 

hoggytime

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Previous Discussion:
1300 McWatters on Skyscraperpage

1000022117.jpg

This will stand pretty well then. It's a regular ol' joe type of project but the more built on Baseline the better. Plus not too far from Bayshore, so this could be seen from the highway at certain points I'd think. The smaller size towers in Barrhaven are evident when driving into Ottawa from the 416, so more of these types can add to the skyline coming into the city, which I'd appreciate myself.

1708542174252.png

Great example of how it can add to the view. Also, can I say that the uploading of images is so much easier. I took a screenshot, CTRL V'd onto here and voila, picture is up lol. Love it.

View attachment 542249
Great example of how it can add to the view. Also, can I say that the uploading of images is so much easier. I took a screenshot, CTRL V'd onto here and voila, picture is up lol. Love it.
The ease of use here will lead to so much more media, information and engagement here once it gains critical mass.

Pretty much all of them. So many of those apartment parking lots could be buried under a new building. Especially where the majority I see aren't fully occupied with cars anyways.

We have a few such projects, like the one at Ambleside the NIMBYs fought like the devil in Holy Water, even when Leiper explained it's a 30 storey tower, or a sidescraper, they picked none of the above. Well, that's not an option, so Leiper sided with the 30 floor proposal in exchange for free transit passes for a year.

That's an efficient use of space. I wonder how many other lots around the city with existing towers (but lots of surface parking or grassy areas) could handle additional density like this.

There is actually one directly across the street from this building.
There is a 2 apt building complex, with a large 2 story parking garage next to them AND a ton of surface parking.
You can actually see the parking structure in some of the photos above.

Definitely a prime candidate to construct where the parking structure is and bury most of the parking on the site.

Back