4.8K     0 

hoggytime

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

Previous Discussion on SSP Ottawa

Render:

Carling-rendering.jpg

Is this actually the latest render and what we're getting? I knew the massing and that it was going to be a generic charcwhite, but this seems BUSY. Black brick, ligth grey brick, dark grey panels, some beige? some maroon or wood accents? Let's pray this one gets dumbed down.

Is this actually the latest render and what we're getting? I knew the massing and that it was going to be a generic charcwhite, but this seems BUSY. Black brick, ligth grey brick, dark grey panels, some beige? some maroon or wood accents? Let's pray this one gets dumbed down.

This is by far the most advanced render we have seen, everything else out there has been basic sketchup massing without texture. I imagine this is very close to what we are getting. I found it on the Clobracon page for the project.

Despite the... most of it, I actually like the street level massing on this one. If only the street itself was conducive to being on the street level not in a car.

Slowly but surely, more of these projects along Carling will make the street more attractive to walk. Hoping to see a few retail units here at the bottom, more of these developments and hopefully some transit improvements on Carling. It has SO MUCH POTENTIAL.

Slowly but surely, more of these projects along Carling will make the street more attractive to walk. Hoping to see a few retail units here at the bottom, more of these developments and hopefully some transit improvements on Carling. It has SO MUCH POTENTIAL.

A street tram and only one lane of traffic in each direction, and a revamped pedestrian realm, lots of ground level retail...it definitely has potential!

A street tram and only one lane of traffic in each direction, and a revamped pedestrian realm, lots of ground level retail...it definitely has potential!
Eh, Carling will never be that unless the province forced it somehow. I do think there is a strong argument for a central street tram down Carling AND Glebe Avenue, bonus points if they connected Britannia Park and Patterson Creek.

Even in this scenario I don't see them making Carling a 2 lane road.

Back