5.2K     0 

urbottawa

Member Bio
Reaction score
Discussion history:

Render:

1703466561933.jpeg

1703466676514.jpeg

Took this Saturday evening. Balcony glass going in. Looks like some units are occupied now too (can’t tell in this photo).
IMG_1529.jpeg

I love this type of design. Some variation in materials (but well thought out), nice street level interaction, step backs, balconies, etc... We could use 20-30 others of these all around town. Especially on Main Streets

Hi y'all, I discovered this forum a few weeks ago and have been combing through all the posts, but I decided today that I should make an account and stop lurking.

I grew up around beechwood and I was there yesterday, so I figure I would start with an update on 88 Beechwood.
PXL_20240728_214105982.jpg

I'm a big fan of this project, especially in comparison to the other Minto project on beechwood, and especially considering what that land was used for before this (sitting empty for decades).

At some point if I'm in the area again I might try to get some more photos from around the back, since I don't think any have been uploaded here, and there's a lot more to this project than just the beechwood-facing facade. I might also start taking some photos with a proper camera rather than just my phone in the future.

Hi y'all, I discovered this forum a few weeks ago and have been combing through all the posts, but I decided today that I should make an account and stop lurking.

I grew up around beechwood and I was there yesterday, so I figure I would start with an update on 88 Beechwood.
View attachment 584396

I'm a big fan of this project, especially in comparison to the other Minto project on beechwood, and especially considering what that land was used for before this (sitting empty for decades).

At some point if I'm in the area again I might try to get some more photos from around the back, since I don't think any have been uploaded here, and there's a lot more to this project than just the beechwood-facing facade. I might also start taking some photos with a proper camera rather than just my phone in the future.
Welcome to the Forum!

Never noticed the courtyard before. Nice that they added a mid-block connection to Barrette.

The courtyard is for resident use only, but the mid-block connection and entry plaza are public (POPS)..
Seems reasonable. Too bad Minto isn't more active in building apartment buildings in Ottawa. Seems to be one project at a time, mostly mid-rise on traditional main streets, with Upper West and Metropole being notable exceptions.

Seems reasonable. Too bad Minto isn't more active in building apartment buildings in Ottawa. Seems to be one project at a time, mostly mid-rise on traditional main streets, with Upper West and Metropole being notable exceptions.
Hopefully the appeal on parkdale gets resolved soon and they can start there. Or their site on Isabella might go.

Courtyard is nice, hopefully the trees survive.

Back