News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Am I seeing things are they adding terracotta fins at the top? At this point, they're just doing anything to piss us off.
Oh yeah, I see it. And it was part of the submitted design. It does help a little bit. Kind of wish they went all the way to the bottom of the tower.

I can't comprehend how a hotel can have functional floor plans with so many blank walls.

I would guess they prioritized the floor plate sizes by building to the lot line, then had to live with the consequences of not being able to include windows on those walls

I might be the minority here, I don't *hate* the Tetris wall, but I also don't love it. It could have been a lot more depressing if it was similar to the eastern facade that doesn't have any colour. Hopefully the area covered by the lift right now will be primarily vision glass not spandrel and maybe if we're luck there will be some sort of LED feature in the fins?

What a world of difference it would've made if they used curtain wall like The Met...

I might be the minority here, I don't *hate* the Tetris wall, but I also don't love it. It could have been a lot more depressing if it was similar to the eastern facade that doesn't have any colour. Hopefully the area covered by the lift right now will be primarily vision glass not spandrel and maybe if we're luck there will be some sort of LED feature in the fins?

What a world of difference it would've made if they used curtain wall like The Met...
Same. I don't hate it. They tried something different. Some points for that?

For sure, curtain wall like The Met, or, dare I say 😨... Claridge Flats, would have been exponentially better.

IMG_3217.jpeg

All they had to do was aluminum panels instead of that brutalist looking precast and actual red bricks instead of whatever the hell peel and stick crap that is...and this angle would be perfectly fine, in my opinion.

Oy vey! What is up with depressing grey cement blocky crap. Would it have been that much trouble to have pre fab red brick on this - the bulk of the front wall - instead…

While I don't love the grey concrete pre-cast, I prefer some variation instead of just charcoal/white with random patches of beige.

IMO the panel pre-cast doesn't look much better, but as long as this doesn't become the standard everywhere and they don't do full too many buildings in one place (like the Travelodge) it has its place in these mid-tier type buildings.

Back