News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

I feel that the aversion to colour is trying to placate as many people and make it so boring people won't disregard it based on looks. Quite unfortunate that we go for bland because too many people don't like "flair". Although it is possible that in 100 years, people may consider these types of buildings as "iconic" and "of the century"

Not the most riveting post, but in case any of my neighbours are Googling "90 Elm Street Ottawa" trying to figure out what this weeks' demolition project behind the "KitKat Store" will amount to:

90elm_frontleftperspective.jpg

90elm_demo.jpg

Planning Rationale: https://pub-ottawa.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=164738

Plans: https://pub-ottawa.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=164739

If this was anywhere in the inner or outer suburbs, I'd say it's pretty good. In the Market though, it looks off.

If this was anywhere in the inner or outer suburbs, I'd say it's pretty good. In the Market though, it looks off.
It's good to see any new infill/gentrification in Lowertown, though, even if it looks off. That area needs investment so badly. This neighbourhood should be the pearl of the city, beyond Westboro, but instead it's mostly ramshackle and falling apart.

That project on St-Patrick is so ugly. Looks like an old project you'd see in a suburban pocket of Gatineau. Clearly we can do better for such a central pocket in the urban city.

That project on St-Patrick is so ugly. Looks like an old project you'd see in a suburban pocket of Gatineau. Clearly we can do better for such a central pocket in the urban city.
Agreed. Suburban faux-historicism.

Article on the property:

That's a bit unfair. Suburban pockets of Gatineau are usually nicer than that :)

I noticed this building 'Edge Lebreton Flats' at 22 Perkins across from Dream Lebreton along the escarpment today for the first time. It's slightly handsome.

View attachment 560627

Had a friend who used to live in this building, really unique building tucked away on that street. 4-storey walk-up, parking garage is wide open, two 2-beds and one 1-bed per floor, shared rooftop patio with an awesome view of the river and the Gatineau Hills.

That is a nice little building, super interesting location too.

Back