News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

J.OT13

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
New rendering from Airport Website with shorter/smaller building.

1707236342650.png

https://yow.ca/en/yow-plus/airport-hotel

Ouff, this new render is not very promising. The original one looked more sleek, black and the top glass amenity floor helped elevate the design. This one seems charcoal with a big mechanical box sticking out of the top. Can we never have anything nice in Ottawa? Wonder if they also dumbed down the design and costs after the whole grant debacle and such?

Ouff, this new render is not very promising. The original one looked more sleek, black and the top glass amenity floor helped elevate the design. This one seems charcoal with a big mechanical box sticking out of the top. Can we never have anything nice in Ottawa? Wonder if they also dumbed down the design and costs after the whole grant debacle and such?
This is a direct result of the CIP rejection. Meanwhile, Sutcliffe and the whole former Watson Club who had voted in favour of establishing the CIP in the first place are all tapping themselves on the back for causing this downgrade.

@hoggytime I created a thread for this one last month.

Haven't been able to figure out how to merge threads. Not seeing it in the options.

I was thinking today how wonderful it is that we are getting an airport hotel and an airport train. I firmly believe a lot of Ottawa's issues attracting passengers is due to the perception that it's a small airport (and it's really not). Having these amenities will give the place more gravity.

Whoops! My bad. They are merged now. You just have to click the chekcbox for both threads then 'merge threads' in the dropdown at the bottom.
I tried searching for them (search function is not much better than SSP). When they finally did come up, there was no check box. With SSP, you can search, and merge the search results. I see how it can be done now, thanks!

Back