8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

MetroMan

Member Bio
Reaction score
I've been driving for 15 years and have never gotten a parking ticket. How? I always park legally and always pay parking. In fact, I often over pay.

... until yesterday. I got back to my car with 20 minutes still left on the meter and found a parking ticket on my wind shield!!

I have both the ticket and the parking receipt that show that I had parking paid for during the time that I got the ticket.

Now I'm aware that I can dispute the ticket and could simply show it to the judge but it's not that simple. The car was a rental so if I dispute the ticket, Parking Enforcement will send the notice to the register of the car (Enterprise) not me. Rental companies' policy is that you should take care of all tickets and toll road charges before you return the car. Otherwise, they will pay for the ticket whether it was my fault or not and then remit the charge to my credit card.

What should I do? Can this be disputed and cancelled without going to court? This is so straightforward since I have proof that I paid for parking and still got the ticket that it shouldn't take a court date to do this. Anybody have any experience on this and advice?

private property or city? how much was the ticket?

If this was for parking on a City of Toronto street; go to one of the regional offices.....and tell them you want it voided.

With the proof you have, this should not be a problem.

Some thing similar happened to me, I took the ticket and my parking pass to the ticket office listed on the ticket and they cancelled it right away.

I'm sorry to hear about this situation MetroMan. It's best you contact our Citations department at CitationsCanada@erac.com or 866-991-8914 to handle this further. Please note the average turn around time for inquiries is typically 7-10 business days.

- Elizabeth with Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Back