I went down to Canada Post on Matheson, and they have a small stack of mail for our building, so if you think you have mail go check it out.

Yeah, I went yesterday and was told I'm only the 2nd person to pick up my mail so far... but I have some bad news for those of you who work regular business hours and are far from Matheson/Kennedy (where this mail distribution centre is)... it's only open Mon-Fri 9-3.... so if you can't get free during this time it may be tough to get your mail. Luckily for me it's only a few minutes from my work so i can pop by at lunch once or twice a week. Mail will be going here until the building is 90% occupied... aka a few months?

I am trying to register for Tarion online and it cant find my enrollment number.
Nevermind, I had to call in and now it works.

Well, got my keys today. The paint looked better overall, but they did not fix everything listed on my pdi, even found a sticker on the wall still!
I had a large chip on the trim piece on the corner of my kitchen cabinet, thought they would have at least fixed that for occupancy.
They didn't do a great job cleaning the place, still a lot of debris on the floors, etc. At least there are carpets on my side of the hallway now.

Guess I will be adding some things to the 30 day form.

Last edited:
I am trying to register for Tarion online and it cant find my enrollment number.
Nevermind, I had to call in and now it works.

Well, got my keys today. The paint looked better overall, but they did not fix everything listed on my pdi, even found a sticker on the wall still!
I had a large chip on the trim piece on the corner of my kitchen cabinet, thought they would have at least fixed that for occupancy.
They didn't do a great job cleaning the place, still a lot of debris on the floors, etc. At least there are carpets on my side of the hallway now.

Guess I will be adding some things to the 30 day form.

Congrats!

I think the Tarion online form accepts pictures, so make to to take some and also note that it wasn't fixed from the PDI. I'm getting ready to do my 30 day and am going to list every small thing, just because. Most of it is paint, which I'm doubting they will fix, but worth a shot!

I have grey bathroom tiles and every little smudge shows up on them.
There is clear residue on some spots, maybe from caulking/sealing. I am going to try some glue be gone and hopefully that clears it up. Did notice some other paint defects they didn't fix, since I found a couple more stickers on the wall.

Yeah for paint, I wish they gave a small sample of each of the whites, so that people could touch-up some stuff themselves.

Hopefully I am moved, in the next couple of weeks, still need a couch and new bedset.

Last edited:
IMG_20130412_142700.jpg

Muddy water leaking in from the main gas line...

Attachments

• IMG_20130412_142700.jpg
    IMG_20130412_142700.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 251
Does anyone know what the official postal code for the building is? I've got L5A 3K7 from Goemans, L5A 3K8 from mls.ca, L5A 2X5 from google, and L5A 0A1 from the search that my insurance company made. I'm not sure if any of these are right.

Were your dishwashers hooked up when you moved in? Mine wasn't and it was listed on the PDI.
I noticed the water line isn't hooked up. Isn't this something they should really be testing before someone moves in?

I also noticed my fridge has 3 'line' dents on it, near the handle. You notice it when the light hits it. Would Vandyk take care of something like this or this up to me and Goemans now?

Postal code is L5A 0A1.

My dishwasher power wasn't hooked up when I moved in...so I had to pull the dishwasher out (scratching tiles) to plug it in. Also the waterline was shut off (but hooked up). If your water line wasn't even connected, let Javier know ASAP and he will get it done.

Dents... I would ask someone from Vandyk. Those kind of things will be blamed on you so better to let them know ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
The power is connected and the waterline is coming from the dishwasher, its just not connected to the sink yet. I could probably do it, but I think its really supposed to have a bracket put on it and I think it should be tested and that there is no leakage before someone moves in. What is some old lady supposed to do if she moved in?

I wasn't able to notice the dents properly during PDI, since it had the plastic wrap on the fridge still. I think when they tore that off, they also scratched a bit of the wood trim piece separating the kitchen tiles from the hallway.

The power is connected and the waterline is coming from the dishwasher, its just not connected to the sink yet. I could probably do it, but I think its really supposed to have a bracket put on it and I think it should be tested and that there is no leakage before someone moves in. What is some old lady supposed to do if she moved in?

I wasn't able to notice the dents properly during PDI, since it had the plastic wrap on the fridge still. I think when they tore that off, they also scratched a bit of the wood trim piece separating the kitchen tiles from the hallway.

my water was hooked up, just the valve wasn't turned on for both the dishwasher and laundry machine. Valve under the sink for the dishwasher, and beside the machine for laundry.

On-going list of complaints

So here are my whines of the week. NOTE - I still enjoy living here, am happy and satisfied overall with my choice. I'm just providing some criticism which I believe can be valuable for some moving in, or those currently living there to get some of this stuff resolved.

Without further ado:

1) garbage disposal - pretty ridiculous that they expect us to bring all our garbage out in the rain, and through mud puddles to toss it out. I'm gonna harass them a little bit to accelerate the process of getting the garbage chutes ready. People have been living here for 4 weeks now.

2) buzzer/intercom - why hasn't this been configured yet? I need to go downstairs every time someone comes over to let them in

3) elevators - constantly crapping out. One or both of them are not working every other day. I've seen the elevator repair guy in there multiple times.

4) the cracks in the doors!!!!!!!!! won't revisit this one. everyone knows how i feel about this haha

5) can now hear people in adjacent unit (guessing they recently moved in ) - even when they're just talking... i guess the sound abatement isn't too good. Not much can be done about this - just an FYI.

Ooooh one last thing - Asmegin, I'm looking to you specifically.

You mentioned something was F-ed with the Rogers internet. I think I've encountered the same issue. I'm not sure if it's the same one - let me know what exactly yours was and if it was resolved. It seems like the internet connection cuts out every few minutes (actually seems like every 30-45 seconds). I'm using the same modem and computers I did prior to move in, so it's definitely the rogers connection/configuration. I've noticed when downloading something the speeds are very fast as expected ~3000kbps... then suddenly drop down to zero for about 5-6 seconds, then come back up again.... and drop again after 30 seconds or so, etc. When streaming video from Youtube it loads quickly for the first chunk of the clip then suddenly stops loading, and once the video gets to that point it stops playing, or starts cutting out as it slowly loads again.

When doing a speedtest, everything seems normal... (it may not have cut out during the test)...

either way, is this the same/similar issue you/anyone else has been experiencing? Let me know!

my water was hooked up, just the valve wasn't turned on for both the dishwasher and laundry machine. Valve under the sink for the dishwasher, and beside the machine for laundry.

My water line is sitting on the floor of the cabinet still. Dishwasher hookup was listed on the PDI, don't know how they miss that.

I have my internet scheduled to be connected on Saturday, bringing my same modem. Hopefully speeds are ok.

What did you guys do for curtains? I bought a set for the living room and a curtain rod from bouclair. Got the blackout ones, where one side of them is white to face outside. They weren't cheap.

Last edited:
My water line is sitting on the floor of the cabinet still. Dishwasher hookup was listed on the PDI, don't know how they miss that.

I have my internet scheduled to be connected on Saturday, bringing my same modem. Hopefully speeds are ok.

What did you guys do for curtains? I bought a set for the living room and a curtain rod from bouclair. Got the blackout ones, where one side of them is white to face outside. They weren't cheap.

ahhh gotcha.
I bought some curtains for living room - nothing high end - moreso for cover.... but for bedroom I'm ordering blinds today from Blinds to Go... for that big window in the bedroom (3 windows) it's costing ~$200 for one window. I want the bigger panes so it looks nice. I could get 3 separate blinds but it wouldn't look as good. If anyone knows of better options let e know.

I got the nice ones for the living room, I figured that's what most people see. I got a quote from blinds to go as well, I think it was like $150. I wanted just the one solid vinyl blind, don't want any cracks in-between the panels. The guy said they only really have one pull down blind for a window of that size, not too many options there. I am not too concerned about looks for the bedroom window, I am more concerned about light blockage. I need a dark room to sleep. I may just get another set of blackout curtains, but get a smaller size this time.

Back