Hi everyone,

Hope that life in your new homes is going well! :)

I'll be moving into one of the ground floor units on Sunday, the 28th... Does anyone know if I have to book a spot to park the moving truck? I won't be needing an elevator since I am on the ground floor, but am wondering if there is something else that I should be booking/reserving...

Hi everyone,

Hope that life in your new homes is going well! :)

I'll be moving into one of the ground floor units on Sunday, the 28th... Does anyone know if I have to book a spot to park the moving truck? I won't be needing an elevator since I am on the ground floor, but am wondering if there is something else that I should be booking/reserving...

no reservations as far as i know - seems to be a free for all (at least it was 3 weeks ago when i moved in).

The gym is still not open yet. Once it's open, they will change their lock so we can all have access with our entrance key. I went inside today to see the equipment. The room looks nothing like the animated video. It just feels so small.

I took a peak in the windows of the gym. Not much for free weights - just a rack of dumbbells... I'm guessing max 50 lbs. also there are some weighted medicine balls (I think 5 different weights).

I wonder if they'll open the gym as soon as it's done... or if they'll have to wait until the building reaches a certain occupancy ratio. maybe for insurance purposes or something?

Last edited:
The gym definitely doesn't look anything close to the pictures in the brochure.

I will probably be fully moving in this weekend, getting internet hooked up tomorrow.

They are also sending a GE tech to look at my dishwasher, since they obviously didn't hook it up properly and it was leaking (even though I did not use it yet).

How do you setup the lobby buzzer?

Anyone find it super warm in this building? Turn the heat down! I've had my thermostat off since I moved in. Its always like 22 in here.

Last edited:
How do you setup the lobby buzzer?

Anyone find it super warm in this building? Turn the heat down! I've had my thermostat off since I moved in. Its always like 22 in here.

I haven't used my thermostat either since I've moved in. My unit stays around 24-26 no matter what the outside temperature. I have to crack open windows when I'm home because it's too hot. The hallway air is definitely 2-3 degrees too hot.

I haven't used my thermostat either since I've moved in. My unit stays around 24-26 no matter what the outside temperature. I have to crack open windows when I'm home because it's too hot. The hallway air is definitely 2-3 degrees too hot.

haha yeah, me too. haven't used heat at all yet. I have my windows open a lot as well, but I'm slightly concerned with all the dust blowing around - don't want all that crap in my house. I didn't think it was bad, but then noticed my BBQ and everything on my balcony is covered in dust. Can't wait for the grass to go in.

Other updates:
1) those who didn't get a locker room key, they are now available for pickup. although they didn't exactly tell me this, I found out by asking.
2) "Garbage chutes will be commissioned soon"
3) "Gym is waiting for certification from the equipment supplier."

I was told my buzzer code has been programmed... need to check it out today if I remember after work.

park570.jpg

1) The gym in this rendering looks to be 2-3x bigger than the actual gym
2) I'm hoping they add the nice patio furniture/loungers for the rooftop balcony
3) we definitely don't have those high ceilings, stonework and plants in the lobby. even the little room where the buzzer is is cut off at like 8 feet for some reason and is contained to a box.

I have no idea why the pic is that small... here is the URL:
http://www.vandykpark570.com/

Attachments

• park570.jpg
    park570.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 265
Yeah, I was wondering if they will be bringing in furniture/artwork eventually or not, maybe not until everyone is moved in?
The lobby and the elevator entrance areas on each floor look kind of empty looking.

Landscaping getting done. It'll look so much nicer with trees and grass.
Anyone know what the hell that patch of (looks like) wood chips is in front of the main entrance? It has some sort of tree stumps and things in the middle. I have no idea what it's supposed to be.

Back