Landscaping getting done. It'll look so much nicer with trees and grass.
Anyone know what the hell that patch of (looks like) wood chips is in front of the main entrance? It has some sort of tree stumps and things in the middle. I have no idea what it's supposed to be.

Are they actually putting grass in now? I noticed that my back patio area had been cleared of worker coffee cups and they had put down actual soil when I went to pick up my keys on Tuesday :)

A random question - Does anyone know why only one of the walls in the lobby has the brick effect while the other one is just a plain wall? It looks so weird and unfinished...

Something annoying about my unit is that the bathroom ceiling vent seems to make a lot of creeking noises.
I don't know if its coming from up on the roof or what. I can hear it from my room and always when I am in the bathroom.

Also noticed when taking a shower that the tub faucet has a fair amont of water coming out of it still, even with the shower faucet on and spraying.

Landscaping getting done. It'll look so much nicer with trees and grass.
Anyone know what the hell that patch of (looks like) wood chips is in front of the main entrance? It has some sort of tree stumps and things in the middle. I have no idea what it's supposed to be.

Hahah it looks like some sort of meditation garden thingy where we can ponder our lives. Trees went in today...hopefully they do the grass ASAP!

Are they actually putting grass in now? I noticed that my back patio area had been cleared of worker coffee cups and they had put down actual soil when I went to pick up my keys on Tuesday :)

A random question - Does anyone know why only one of the walls in the lobby has the brick effect while the other one is just a plain wall? It looks so weird and unfinished...

Yeah the lobby needs a LOT of work to even be close to the renders. Needs some chairs, paintings etc. I'm guessing they cheaped out on the brick thing for $$$ reasons.

Something annoying about my unit is that the bathroom ceiling vent seems to make a lot of creeking noises.
I don't know if its coming from up on the roof or what. I can hear it from my room and always when I am in the bathroom.

Also noticed when taking a shower that the tub faucet has a fair amount of water coming out of it still, even with the shower faucet on and spraying.

My ceiling vent is like that too. I'm guessing it's just the roof vents blowing as it has been windy lately. As for the faucet, I changed mine out but I remember the one that came with the unit has no water leakage from diverter.

So I got my keys Tuesday and they still haven't installed the sink in my bathroom! How can they possibly deem the unit ready for occupation with no bathroom sink?

And anyone else astounded at how small the storage lockers are? I was told they would be 4x6', and the ones on the garage are maybe 2.5' wide. Anyone speak to the builder about it?

No bathroom sink? That's crazy! What did your lawyer say?

And my locker is in the garage and they definitely seem to be around 4x6.

Anyone get a bill from Enersource yet?
I got a nice one from Reliance for 3 months + heater rental + account set up fee, but nothing from Enersource yet.

Why would it be for 3 months?

Is there going to be a separate bill for Enbridge as well?

Last edited:

They bill in 3 month incremental for some reason.

And yea, there will be bills for gas (Enbridge) and electricity (Enersource) too. I haven't got any yet. Gas should be low as I haven't used it yet (just startup/admin fees and other nonsense).

yup, $170ish here. Still waiting for the Enbridge and Enersource bills.

I guess we pay in advance (I paid March 25 - Jul 1)

Monthly or Bi-montly is normal, never heard of every 3 months.
Yeah, I was wondering if they were billing you for usage before you even moved in?

How does a water heater rental for 3 months = $170??? What's the rental fee?

I could care less about the natural gas bbq line if its going to end up costing a lot in various goverment charges per month.
I'd rather have them disconnect the line and go propane or charcoal if it ends up getting costly.

Last edited:
Monthly or Bi-montly is normal, never heard of every 3 months.
Yeah, I was wondering if they were billing you for usage before you even moved in?

How does a water heater rental for 3 months = $170??? What's the rental fee?

I could care less about the natural gas bbq line if its going to end up costing a lot in various goverment charges per month.
I'd rather have them disconnect the line and go propane or charcoal if it ends up getting costly.

I didn't get an actual Reliance bill yet, just a notice of my new account and it mentions a quarterly charge of $118.62. So probably $40/month for the rental? There also might be different sizes depending on number of bathrooms? Not sure...

As for gas, the HVAC unit uses natural gas so you need that. I also don't think propane BBQs are allowed on balconies. Gas is pretty cheap, so it shouldn't be too high even with the stupid charges (Enersource has these too, ie $28 'customer charge' per bill)

I was expecting $15-30 range for the water heater rental. Anything more then that seems like a lot.
It would have been nice if Vandyk had them installed themselves without burdening everyone with rental contracts. The other issue is, with the water heater now being located on the balcony, its now part of the common elements, is it not? I don't know if we could even buy it out?

Did you guys notice that the oven light doesn't come on automatically when you open the oven door? It seems like you have to press the button to turn it on each time.

Last edited:

Back