I got an email from that Marwa lady listing the ones they had completed and still had to complete. Most of the items they said were completed were not completed as of yet. I am going to let some of them go though.. since they are minor, but a couple I want fixed still, such as the leaking shower faucet they claimed was completed..

I spoke to James. He had the remaining deficient items listed as "completed/repaired" even though they never were. They will come inspect today.

They fixed some of my paint issues around the baseboards etc by smearing white caulking around, real classy. Quite lazy.

They fixed some of my paint issues around the baseboards etc by smearing white caulking around, real classy. Quite lazy.

Lol. I'm glad I didn't list any paint jobs since I will end up repainting the whole place eventually. Though I have just recently found a few areas on the wall and ceiling that were never sanded properly. I'll have to do those myself now. It looks like those noisy grates to the parking garage have now been fixed and hopefully won't make any more noise...

... never mind, it's still noisy...

Last edited:
Elevators - yeah, the north elevator needs to be looked at for sure. Today it banged heavily when it passed the 2nd floor and then did the 2-3 bangs at the 4th floor. I definitely have to start looking for a floor before I step out :D

Garage Grates - Yup, can still hear 'em! I noticed it look like the right side going in is starting to dent a bit...may have been my imagination though.

Yeah, I plan on painting eventually as well, but not anytime soon.
I noticed some areas where it has some yellow and purple drywall compound stuff on the walls still that was never sanded/painted over as well.

Yeah, I am not normally creeped out by elevators, but when it starts to shake and make noise multiple times before it opens, its a little concerning lol.

OK so my 6 months with Rogers is up... I'm not particularly fond of the package they're offering me. Anyone try the Bell 6 month free offer?

Rogers wants $120/month for internet express (25 kbps/80GB traffic) + VIP cable.

Finally received the stupid Enbridge bill. Takes them almost 5 months to send a bill and its for over 3 months of service. How often are they going be billing in the future? Monthy, bi-monthly, quarterly?
Yeah, $250 security deposit. Funny, Enersource only wanted $130 when electricity service is more expensive. Don't really want to be on pre-authorized...

On another note, why are the garbage rooms constantly locked in the garage? If you want people to make the effort to bring stuff down there, at least leave it unlocked.

Last edited:
OK so my 6 months with Rogers is up... I'm not particularly fond of the package they're offering me. Anyone try the Bell 6 month free offer?

Rogers wants $120/month for internet express (25 kbps/80GB traffic) + VIP cable.

As far as I know, Bell isn't offering the free 6 months anymore. They do have deals that seem better than Rogers though, but you have to find a rep willing to offer them. According to RedFlagDeals, this is their current hidden promo:

Fibe TV Good Package - $22.95/mo. - $8 bundle discount = $14.95/mo (+$30 for the BETTER package)
Fibe Internet 25/10 - $43.95/mo. + Unlimited Bandwidth add-on $10/mo. - $4 bundle discount = $49.95/mo.
Home Phone Lite with Unlimited US/CAN Long Distance - $8.95/mo. - $4 bundle discount = $4.95/mo.

TOTAL $69.85/mo. +taxes (+$30 for BETTER TV Package, -$10 if you don't need unlimited internet usage)

Free HD PVR and NO installation fees.

On another note, why are the garbage rooms constantly locked in the garage? If you want people to make the effort to bring stuff down there, at least leave it unlocked.

This is annoying. I rarely recycle anymore because it's always locked. Guess they're not going to fix the garbage chutes...

Couldn't they be fined for this or something by the city? (in terms of not separating waste properly). Recycling would sure add up for an entire condo.
I've never bothered to recycle food waste, but i've always tried to separate cans/bottles and cardboard. Everytime I walk down there now, the room is locked.

They need to paint over that recycle dumpster in the front roundabout. "Recycle" looks like it was sprayed on by a 10 year old.

Last edited:
The garbage situation is sad. The garbage room on the 1st floor, north end has never worked, not while I've been living here. One of the buttons has broken off completely, and you can't select the other ones. I was thrilled when I saw they were going to do organics as well as recycling, but this pathetic.

On another note: has anyone eaten at any of the places in the plaza right by us? I haven't and I was wondering if there was anything decent. I did go to a bbq place not far, on Dundas, north side of the street, between Cawthra and Dixie. It's called Holey Smokez and it is super tasty. It's in this ghetto-ish strip mall and doesn't look like much from the outside but the owners are really nice and the brisket and pulled pork are awesome, as is the mac and cheese. Anyways, highly recommend that place.

As far as I know, Bell isn't offering the free 6 months anymore. They do have deals that seem better than Rogers though, but you have to find a rep willing to offer them. According to RedFlagDeals, this is their current hidden promo:

Thanks Asmegin... I'll give them a call.

Back