I just got back from my PDI, which went great. My unit was move-in ready, and all it needed was a toilet and a good dusting. I only found about 6-7 things to fix, mostly nicks in the floor and cabinets. I'm not very picky though, so others may find more. I was happy with the finishes, as I got 0 upgrades so everything here is standard.

The hallways were a disaster, especially the first floor. Looked like a warzone - lots to be done. LOTS of workers on site though, and the 4th floor wasn't too bad. I'm sure it will be ready to go in a month.

My door :D

Living room. The floors looked great. Lots of outlets as well (4 in living room).

Didn't bother going out to balcony, but looked good enough. Can't wait to get a gas BBQ :D

The view from the living room

The standard switches and thermostat in the living room

Open concept is sweet, can look out the window as I'm loading the dishwasher

Kitchen area. Cabinets were nice, appliances were decent, loved the tiles, and the undermount sink is awesome.

The bedroom! Pretty basic. Carpet was nicer than I thought it would be. Nice sized window.

The popcorn ceiling has a smooth edge along the border:

The bedroom closet, lots of shelving:

The bathroom. The toilets don't get installed until last minute to avoid having people using them during construction. Bathroom fixtures were cheap as expected, and I hate the sink (I thought it was going to be an undermount as well). Bathroom tiles are decent, floor is nice.

The entrance closet. Note the large rack in the back, which is wiring for Bell FibeTV (woo! I thought we were stuck with Rogers. Bell Fibe is way better)

The washer/dryer combo. Entry level as expected, but good enough. Room also contains water shutoff and a ceiling ling trap.

The patio area:

That's it for now!

Last edited:
what is the image before the patio? I am assuming that's not inside the unit.

The hallway fixtures look nicer than the units. I definately want to change some of the standard fixures.

I am impressed, the unit actually looks pretty decent looking. I am surprised they didn't install the toilet yet, they have portable ones downstairs for the workers. I would want to test all plumbing before signing off on anything. Whats that stick going down the cabinetry behind your sink? Is it holding up the granite or is it put together in two pieces?

The light switches by the thermostat look kind of odd, I assume the one below the thermostat is for the fan? Why wouldn't they install that one switch beside the thermostat or everything in one line? Just looks kind of odd to me with all 3 things stacked above each other on the wall like that.

Not a fan of the popcorn ceilings, I thought most people try and avoid that nowadays, except maybe in a basement.

Did you see the gym or party room? I assume they aren't finished yet as well? How about the parking area?

Last edited:
I am impressed, the unit actually looks pretty decent looking. I am surprised they didn't install the toilet yet, they have portable ones downstairs for the workers. I would want to test all plumbing before signing off on anything. Whats that stick going down the cabinetry behind your sink? Is it holding up the granite or is it put together in two pieces?

The light switches by the thermostat look kind of odd, I assume the one below the thermostat is for the fan? Why wouldn't they install that one switch beside the thermostat or everything in one line? Just looks kind of odd to me with all 3 things stacked above each other on the wall like that.

Not a fan of the popcorn ceilings, I thought most people try and avoid that nowadays, except maybe in a basement.

Did you see the gym or party room? I assume they aren't finished yet as well? How about the parking area?

Yes, I was impressed too. As for the toilet - I guess workers would be too lazy to walk downstairs and instead use the unit toilets. I saw it as no big deal, just make a note of it in the PDI and you're good.

I believe the wood piece on the back of the counter is just hiding the gap between the two sections of counters. It doesn't look the best, but it's likely unavoidable and once you get some chairs in there...no biggie.

Popcorn ceilings - I agree. Ugly Ugly Ugly. They wanted $2000 for smooth ceilings on my small unit, so I didn't bother.

The switches - to be honest, I don't even remember what they did. I know the bottom three are for lights (living room, dining area and kitchen?)....but don't recall what the single one does. I agree, could have been planned better.

Didn't get to check the gym but I met James in the party room area. It was far from complete, but they did have guys working on it. They are using it as an office, so likely will be done last. I asked about the gym, but they have no idea when it will be done. I took that to mean...not for a while.

I didn't realize that counter was in two pieces, yes, hopefully some chairs will hide it.

A smooth ceiling was an upgrade?! I thought they would all come like that. Oh well. But yeah, other then that, it looks pretty good.

Did you see your parking space?

I didn't realize that counter was in two pieces, yes, hopefully some chairs will hide it.

A smooth ceiling was an upgrade?! I thought they would all come like that. Oh well. But yeah, other then that, it looks pretty good.

Did you see your parking space?

No, didn't even think to check out the parking.

Did they ask you for occupancy cheques as well?

I also find it odd they painted the outside of the doors brown, but didn't paint the inside side of it.

Did they ask you for occupancy cheques as well?

I also find it odd they painted the outside of the doors brown, but didn't paint the inside side of it.

Nothing about occupancy cheques.

And a brown door on the inside would look horrible IMO. It has to be white to match the rest of the doors.

Take a look on mls, almost every new condo has a dark brown entry door and not just on one side (which is quite odd).
I know I am being a bit picky, but some of these things are just weird being different from the norm.

Take a look on mls, almost every new condo has a dark brown entry door and not just on one side (which is quite odd).
I know I am being a bit picky, but some of these things are just weird being different from the norm.

Hmmm maybe they are?? I don't pay attention to doors so I have no idea hahaha

I recall James saying something about the door but to be honest, I wasn't really paying attention...so I'm not sure if it was about painting the interior. When I was doing my PDI, there was a guy going around painting the hallway trim and everything. If they aren't painting the interior of the door, maybe just ask them to get the guy to do it quickly :D
I also forgot to pay attention to the sound proofing as there was a ton of noise in the hallways. I'm guessing it's a good thing that I don't remember if it was still loud inside the unit??

I have my PDI Tuesday.
If there are any specific things you guys want asked/checked out let me know and I'll try to be (at least in part) as helpful as Asmegin.
woo woo cant wait!

I have my PDI Tuesday.
If there are any specific things you guys want asked/checked out let me know and I'll try to be (at least in part) as helpful as Asmegin.
woo woo cant wait!

Take pictures Mark! :)

I'm hoping that one of you guys bought the 1 + den so I can see what that unit will look like... My PDI likely won't be until you all have moved in (so I'm super curious).

Oh, and Asmegin - Many thanks for all of your pics and updates! :cool:

We must be all excited to move in, especially with the months of delay. My pdi is Tuesday and I have the 1+den unit. Looking forward to taking lots of pictures.

Back