If they are asking for certified cheques, that's basically guaranteeing their 'rent' anyways. A bank doesn't give out firm approvals on mortgages without doing their own due diligence first, don't see why Vandyk needs my bank statement.

Never heard of Skywater Property Management.

Only the pro-rated cheque is certified, the rest are just post dated cheques.

Have they told you what your parking spot will be? I want to check it out when I am there next week.

Have they told you what your parking spot will be? I want to check it out when I am there next week.

No, I haven't heard anything. We pick up the keys/FOB from the construction office (which I assume is the area where the party room will be). I'm guessing they'll have a information package with our parking spot? I'm not sure how it works really.

I'll find out Monday and let everyone know. I'll take pictures too...any requests let me know.

Thanks for all the info Asmegin!!..much appreciated.. Are you picking up the keys on Monday or on Friday?

Can you take pictures of the parking area and the lockers. Happy packing everyone :p

No, I haven't heard anything. We pick up the keys/FOB from the construction office (which I assume is the area where the party room will be). I'm guessing they'll have a information package with our parking spot? I'm not sure how it works really.

I'll find out Monday and let everyone know. I'll take pictures too...any requests let me know.

Thanks for all the info Asmegin!!..much appreciated.. Are you picking up the keys on Monday or on Friday?

Can you take pictures of the parking area and the lockers. Happy packing everyone :p

According to the documents, everything should be done around mid-afternoon on the day of occupancy.

Just finished signing all the documents with my lawyer.

Breakdown of $720 occupancy fee for me is:

$420 - Interest on Balance (3%)
$150 - Maintenance Fee
$150 - Property Tax

Lockers and Parking Spots are assigned already. I'm on the 4th floor but my locker is 3XX. Sucks but oh well!

Last edited:
Thank you, but what about the parking fee?

There is no parking fee - we own the spot (well, it's included in the purchase price). The parking maintenance is included in the regular maintenance fee.

As for renting extra spots, I'm not sure. I assume they sold all the extra spots, in which case you'd have to rent privately with the owner.

Then I will need to ask about a second parking rental cuz I have two cars for parking.. IT's really good to know what to expect.

When I last spoke to them about the parking situation a few months ago, they had told me that not all of the spots had been sold (they thought that I wanted to purchase another). So, I wonder if they will be renting any extra spots themselves... I'm sure that private owners will have some spots for rent as well (fingers crossed).

Layla - Keep me posted on what you find when you move in! I too will be needing to park a second car.

Just a few days now for some of you! :cool:

Model Suite posted on Vandyk's FB. Seems like this one is available for sale??

313459_512782925434221_1637190987_n.jpg

63984_512782935434220_1480185197_n.jpg

599159_512782958767551_2007770656_n.jpg

64758_512782968767550_1599988496_n.jpg

69832_512782975434216_1785047583_n.jpg

249308_512782928767554_1066277021_n.jpg

Back