I don't know why Vandyk's contractors have even left the building. There are all kinds of little things left unfinished that are obviously never going to be completed by them. They will leave it up to property management to foot the bill now. Spotty paint jobs everywhere, caulking missing from the sides of the elevator wall in the garage, non-functioning garbage chutes since basically day one, etc. They should honestly have to re-inspect every hallway and fix things.

I really thought buying from Vandyk, a bit of a smaller builder, would mean more attention to detail and a finer job, but every other newer condo in the area is finished way better.

Last edited:
I don't know why Vandyk's contractors have even left the building. There are all kinds of little things left unfinished that are obviously never going to be completed by them. They will leave it up to property management to foot the bill now. Spotty paint jobs everywhere, caulking missing from the sides of the elevator wall in the garage, non-functioning garbage chutes since basically day one, etc. They should honestly have to re-inspect every hallway and fix things.

I really thought buying from Vandyk, a bit of a smaller builder, would mean more attention to detail and a finer job, but every other newer condo in the area is finished way better.

agreed - pretty crappy job. I hope there is still a chance to hold them accountable for some incomplete/shitty work.

Yes, this is the official Park 570 complaining thread :D

Yeah, the hallway temperature does seem less humid.

Agreed the hallways are much nicer now .I also wanna say how great of a job the weekend cleaning lady is doing,she takes pride in her work and it doesn't hurt that she lives in the building.As for holding vandyke accountable ,it's the elected board member responsibility to hire an inspector todo what is called a technical audit on the build to insure the building is up to code and is fully completed .I see several things unfinished and spot them out easily since repairing such items is my day to day job,So if I get elected my expertise should help the proses.I have noticed that there at least one of the builders handyman in site doing small stuff here and there, like the silicone around the elevators.im a handyman and for him this is the best part of the job when the building is occupied and he can milk every little job for what it's worth.

Yes, this is the official Park 570 complaining thread :D

Yeah, the hallway temperature does seem less humid.

yeah, I sent Harold an email on Friday telling him to turn off the heat. SO if it gets that hot again, someone please contact Harold. Last 2x I complained to him about it, he resolved the issue. We did go for a while there tolerating the heat unnecessarily.

image.jpg

What do you guys think ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 269
I will probably vote for Nicholas and Jay based on them posting here, but would like to hear what Jay's experience is.

Construction experience is good, but one of the 3 should have accounting/finance experience as well, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I don't have any professional experience that would apply, I'm in landscape design/build. A good friend of mine is the head of her condo board, and after hearing of everything she's had to deal with, and with the issues that people are posting in this forum, I felt it would be wise to run for a position. I've also recently noticed a few things: during the rain, water was leaking in through the door/window of the north entrance. It looks like someone had spray-foamed it, but I'm not sure if that fixed it. That north stairwell is always really warm, and today i went looking at the baseboard heaters, and the one in the garage level is running. I tried shutting it off, but the knob didn't turn any lower. I'll send Skywater an e-mail if that will do anything. I sent one to Harold regarding the turnover meeting and he never got back to me.

I don't know why there are baseboard heaters anywhere. This is 2013, who installs that crap nowadays, not very energy efficient. We all got screwed with the one in the furnance rooms on the balcony.

Back