IMG_March_27-09-0246.JPG

IMG_March_27-09-0247.JPG

IMG_March_27-09-0256.JPG

IMG_March_27-09-0250.JPG

IMG_March_27-09-0249.JPG

IMG_March_27-09-0253.JPG

IMG_March_27-09-0259.JPG

IMG_March_27-09-0280.JPG

Thanks for the pics! It really is mind-boggling how close to the highway it is. Same with Panorama.

Just wondering what everyone's reaction to the Decor Center been (for those who've been called up to make their finishings appointment).

I bought a unit in the East Tower (1st time buyer) and was dinged big time for what I thought were pretty minor upgrades/extras. Are their prices/policies par for the course with respect to new condos? I've been told that Pemberton's got a VERY wide range of choices compared to, say, Tridel. Thoughts?

Hi there,

I recently completed my appointment at the Decor Center and was pretty impressed with the large selection of upgrades. The only standard back splash is pretty unreasonable from what was seen in the model suite. I can't really compare with other builders as this is my first time buying as well.

Respectfully,
Josef

March 28 2009 update

taken while zooming across QEW ~

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

I wonder how long it will be until phase II destroys the hotel/motel beside it.

You're actually referring to the first phase, which is the west tower.
I really don't think it will have an impact on that hotel, as I believe that
the average client won't refuse to stay there, because there's a condo
situated next door. The hotel rooms view are facing south and I also think
that Park Lake is a pretty stunning building to look at. It adds a beautiful touch
to the area.

Do you have to walk through the parking garage to reach the podium suites via elevator or do they have their own? And who in their right mind would buy a main floor suite facing lake shore?

Last edited:
No, he means how long until the hotel is taken out by another condo.

The owners recently spent well over a million dollars giving the hotel a face lift, so I don't believe it will happen anytime soon, but there is most definitely
going to be a new condo built within 5-10 years. Not a great thing for
some of the west tower/facing individuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have to walk through the parking garage to reach the podium suites via elevator or do they have their own? And who in their right mind would buy a main floor suite facing lake shore?

Well, you can also go by the front entrance to reach the lake view suites and go up those emergency stairs...
There isn't a separate elevator for those suites. Who in their right mind would
purchase one of those suites? I really have no clue, but I would assume
there would be interest in purchasing them, as the building and area develops. especially in the Summer. The section of the park across the street is going to look very appealing after they finish the landscaping and construction of the playground.

Hi there,

I recently completed my appointment at the Decor Center and was pretty impressed with the large selection of upgrades. The only standard back splash is pretty unreasonable from what was seen in the model suite. I can't really compare with other builders as this is my first time buying as well.

Respectfully,
Josef

hi josef my i ask what floor your on and what tower???

when I looked at the podium suites, I seem to recall that a separate (one) elevator services those units facing Lake Shore Blvd ... and I think all units in the podium are connected via a single loaded corridor

I was told that the plan had been canceled for the separate elevators because
of some construction issue.

when I last looked at the podium suites, I seem to recall that separate elevators service those units facing Lake Shore Blvd ... and I think all units in the podium are connected via a single loaded corridor

actually in the below image, there are two 'single' elevator servicing the podium suites, one at each end of the hallway (for access from east and west tower lobby respectively)

ParkLake_podium.jpg

if they removed the elevator (as you have been told), there is no way what-so-ever those units will sell ... since the access to those units would be walking through the parking garage or stairs??

Thanks for the pics! It really is mind-boggling how close to the highway it is. Same with Panorama.

I can see it now; stepping out of the lobby and straight into the path of a car on Lakeshore. Darn...

That image really doesn't mean anything, as Pemberton doesn't really update their website very often, unless its important. From what I last heard, (maybe there could have been a different update in the past month or so) those elevators were being trashed and they were having an issue with someone that purchased a suite on the fourth floor with a wheel chair. Believe it or not, I was interested in one of those lakeview suites, but when I was told about that
elevator situation and no formal stairs leading to suites, as well as other issues, I went for one of the suites in the tower.

Back