News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

World Exchange Plaza:

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 8.48.34 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 8.49.01 PM.png

IMG_0344.jpeg

Crazy how long it's taking them to reopen this courtyard. Seems like it should be ready for this summer though. They are also doing some finishing touches on one the building's entrances on Queen St

I thought the world exchange plaza would include a big screen tv. Wasn't in the initial design?

I remember Dan Akroyd got the key to the city in the early 90s at this plaza from, I think mayor holzman.

Last edited:
I planted a lot of the perennials in the terraces of the park when the World Exchange Plaza was first built in the early 90's. I was helping my Mom during summer break when she was a landscaper. The terraces predate Tower 2. (1991 vs 2001).

Looks good, but I'm not sure they needed to redo the plaza. It was great before, probably the best the CBD had to offer.

Looks good, but I'm not sure they needed to redo the plaza. It was great before, probably the best the CBD had to offer.
Maybe not needed, but it is certainly nice (nicer than what we had). I hope more of the developments going into Centertown and west of the CBD include these plazas. The current CBD just doesn't have enough and/or is concentrated near the parliament

Again, I might be disappointed with where the city currently is, but mindsets about Ottawa are changing. We aren't thinking this is a "small city" anymore, and th better urban design that comes with a "big city" mentality will start to permeate

It’s a shame we lost the mature trees, but I think everything had to be dug up regardless since they needed to redo the waterproofing on the garage below. I wonder if this will have to all be repeated again down the road

Don’t think there’s a thread for this, but I took this yesterday walking past Westboro Beach. The pavilion in the back is coming along, but does not look particularly close to being done. Not sure what they’re putting in these grey boxes near the pathway

IMG_3422.jpeg

Back