News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

New PATH map is coming...

PATH2.JPG

Attachments

• PATH2.JPG
    PATH2.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 917
a white sign on a white ceiling? what do kids say these days - smh?
flipping the colours, to white fonts on black backgrounds would have been much more visible, but what do I know about design

The only way the colour system would work is if it was painted on the ground in a line.

Sort of like as in the 3 Brewers Yonge location, where the floor has a line painted to lead you to the bathroom.

New signs look much better. Clear, easy to spot and they even include travel times.

They seem to have given up the idea that the PATH colours signified a direction.
View attachment 127172

It wasn't that great an idea to begin with. For colourblind users East/West was difficult to distinguish between.

Comments on the new signs --

The badges for TTC, GO, UP, etc are too small in my opinion. The signs would be more visible if they were hung 2-3 feet lower.

The font choice is good -- crisp and readable

How much $$$ did it take to re-do these signs?

Comments on the new signs --

The badges for TTC, GO, UP, etc are too small in my opinion. The signs would be more visible if they were hung 2-3 feet lower.

The font choice is good -- crisp and readable

How much $$$ did it take to re-do these signs?

I am not sure why the PATH branding needs to be there anymore - and especially at the edge of the sign itself. It does nothing to aid in wayfinding and felt utterly gratuitous.

The only way the colour system would work is if it was painted on the ground in a line.

Sort of like as in the 3 Brewers Yonge location, where the floor has a line painted to lead you to the bathroom.

Except when you have multiple points where lines can originate from and cardinal directions becomes relative.

AoD

I think the PATH branding is still important to keep around as it's still the recognized name of the system and it is helpful when you're on the surface and looking for a portal down. Most of the connected buildings have the logo on a sign or something by the entrances, not sure if that's a standard but it should be. It also distinguishes it from the other underground networks.

Back