News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Coming to TEYCC next week
http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2018.TE34.135

1. Toronto and East York Community Council authorize the City to enter into an encroachment agreement (the "Agreement") with the owner of 12, 14, and 16 York Street (the "Owner") for the purpose of permitting the Owner to construct, maintain, repair, and operate a publicly accessible underground pedestrian PATH tunnel connection fronting 12, 14 and 16 York Street, that will be situated a minimum of 2.38 metres below the surface of the road, and will encroach the full width of the public right of way, commencing at approximately 28.23 metres south of the south curb line of Bremner Boulevard running east thereof, linking to Maple Leaf Square at 15 York Street (the "Tunnel" or "Encroachment"), and the Agreement will be substantially on the terms and conditions set out in Paragraph a. through bb. below, and any other or amended terms and conditions satisfactory to the General Manager of Transportation Services (the "GM"), and in a form satisfactory to the City Solicitor

Coming to TEYCC next week
http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2018.TE34.135

1. Toronto and East York Community Council authorize the City to enter into an encroachment agreement (the "Agreement") with the owner of 12, 14, and 16 York Street (the "Owner") for the purpose of permitting the Owner to construct, maintain, repair, and operate a publicly accessible underground pedestrian PATH tunnel connection fronting 12, 14 and 16 York Street, that will be situated a minimum of 2.38 metres below the surface of the road, and will encroach the full width of the public right of way, commencing at approximately 28.23 metres south of the south curb line of Bremner Boulevard running east thereof, linking to Maple Leaf Square at 15 York Street (the "Tunnel" or "Encroachment"), and the Agreement will be substantially on the terms and conditions set out in Paragraph a. through bb. below, and any other or amended terms and conditions satisfactory to the General Manager of Transportation Services (the "GM"), and in a form satisfactory to the City Solicitor

Map of connection:
5g9y6Fv.png

will this tunnel lead to the Longos at 15 York St? Maybe it will be placed so it comes out near the Starbucks down there? I don't know what else is below the surface on the building, but it would odd for the PATH to go through a grocery store unless it was redesigned.

will this tunnel lead to the Longos at 15 York St? Maybe it will be placed so it comes out near the Starbucks down there? I don't know what else is below the surface on the building, but it would odd for the PATH to go through a grocery store unless it was redesigned.
Yes, that's where it will connect, and it will be odd. It will be positively queer in fact, pre-reclamation of the word. Yes, it shoulda been a bridge.

It is to connect roughly where the the starbucks is. Longos is already configured for this - they even have cash registers setup for this (they are currently used for people getting to the parking garage. I remember locating the knockout panel from a construction photo a couple years ago from the MLS thread and re-posting it... but I forget where I did that.

York Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction starting January 4th through August 15th to facilitate construction of the tunnel. Expect traffic chaos to back up University. We'll see if the TPS actually is around to keep the King-University intersection clear from cars on red lights, but I doubt it.

York Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction starting January 4th through August 15th to facilitate construction of the tunnel. Expect traffic chaos to back up University. We'll see if the TPS actually is around to keep the King-University intersection clear from cars on red lights, but I doubt it.
The City will also be replacing the watermain on Jarvis from Queens Quay to Queen Street starting in March (?) so that will be two major north-south streets not operating at full capacity - which is already not enough. Work has to be done but ....

plus they are still way behind schedule on Jarvis north of Queen. They are supposed to have the whole street reconstructed by December 31st according to the last construction notice.. but appear to still be replacing the watermain (which was originally supposed to be completed in August). I imagine that we should consider ourselves lucky if the watermain work is finished in the next few weeks and the road can be restored to a regular width until the spring when they can actually rebuild the street.

Am I the only one who is really starting to get annoyed with the city's constant, total bungling of every single construction project they try to undertake? Their capital works department seems completely incompetent. everything they do takes twice as long and starts 2-3 years late as to what they say.

Adelaide was originally planned to see a full reconstruction through the core next summer to finally remove all those abandoned streetcar tracks as well, but that looks like it's been delayed, yet again. Probably because they are running late on the eastern part of Adelaide..

plus they are still way behind schedule on Jarvis north of Queen. They are supposed to have the whole street reconstructed by December 31st according to the last construction notice.. but appear to still be replacing the watermain (which was originally supposed to be completed in August). I imagine that we should consider ourselves lucky if the watermain work is finished in the next few weeks and the road can be restored to a regular width until the spring when they can actually rebuild the street.

Am I the only one who is really starting to get annoyed with the city's constant, total bungling of every single construction project they try to undertake? Their capital works department seems completely incompetent. everything they do takes twice as long and starts 2-3 years late as to what they say.

Adelaide was originally planned to see a full reconstruction through the core next summer to finally remove all those abandoned streetcar tracks as well, but that looks like it's been delayed, yet again. Probably because they are running late on the eastern part of Adelaide..

Oh, I didn't know this was in the works, good news even if is delayed. I work around Adleaide and Peter so walk a lot around there and the road is in tatters i many areas. They recently filled in some gaps around the streetcar tracks but you still have to watch your step when crossing at that intersection

The City will also be replacing the watermain on Jarvis from Queens Quay to Queen Street starting in March (?) so that will be two major north-south streets not operating at full capacity - which is already not enough. Work has to be done but ....
are you sure that this is still scheduled for next year? It's no longer indicated on TO-In-view.

are you sure that this is still scheduled for next year? It's no longer indicated on TO-In-view.
It is still there as of 5 minutes ago. "Details Construction new watermains to enhance the operation and the reliability of the water distribution system. Work may include the replacement of fire hydrants and water valves. The City-owned portion of substandard water service connections will also be replaced. The property owner is encouraged to replace the private portion of the substandard water service connection, as well. Duration 2018 - 2019"

It is still there as of 5 minutes ago. "Details Construction new watermains to enhance the operation and the reliability of the water distribution system. Work may include the replacement of fire hydrants and water valves. The City-owned portion of substandard water service connections will also be replaced. The property owner is encouraged to replace the private portion of the substandard water service connection, as well. Duration 2018 - 2019"
ahh I see it's under Toronto Water. I was looking under transportation services. Thanks.

Lane Restrictions on York Street - January 4, 2019 - April 2020

Work on the new PATH connection between the ICE Condominiums, 16 York and Maple Leaf Square will begin January 4th 2019 and conclude June 2020.
  • Work will take place from 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. Monday-Friday and 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Saturdays. No work on Sundays or statutory holidays will occur.
  • York Street will be reduced to a single lane each way between Bremner Blvd and Lake Shore Blvd from January 4th, 2019 to April 2020.

Back