News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

I've never hated RoCp as much as the majority of people, but its definitely the top section that is its weak point. Awesome photo...

I've never understood the RoCP hating that goes on in this forum. They are two of my favourite condo towers downtown. Just compare them to the sterile blandness of Murano to the north.

I don't understand the hate towards RoCP either ... looks good to me ~ :)

I don't understand the hate towards RoCP either ... looks good to me ~ :)

Those who rag on this building, would be hard pressed to even think of being able to afford living here. A superb building to live in, and a prime location to boot. Empty cans always make the most noise.

i love how people imply that this is a "high-end" building. i mean come on--its made out of pieces of sheet metal! since when is that a desirable material? just because its big and tall doesn't mean its any good--it just means its the biggest and tallest clunker in the city.

i love how people imply that this is a "high-end" building. i mean come on--its made out of pieces of sheet metal! since when is that a desirable material? just because its big and tall doesn't mean its any good--it just means its the biggest and tallest clunker in the city.

The inside of the building counts a little bit, wouldn't you agree? I've been here for three and a half years and I love it. Location, facilities, soundproofing, management, it's great.

For the majority of people, the "desirability" of a building has little to do with its external materials. There are numerous other factors that are more important. But regardless, the appearance of the materials used in this building are very appealing to me personally... and it's not a grey glass box, so that HAS to count for something! ;)

Those who rag on this building, would be hard pressed to even think of being able to afford living here. A superb building to live in, and a prime location to boot. Empty cans always make the most noise.

Hahaha... it's so exclusive that it's full of students and first time condo owners. I could afford to live in that building no problem, but I wouldn't ever want to. The hate isn't directed at the location or how great it may be on the inside anyway, but rather its unfortunate design, materials, and the sub-par quality of the finishing touches.

Please never make another sweeping generalization like that again.

Hahaha... it's so exclusive that it's full of students and first time condo owners. I could afford to live in that building no problem, but I wouldn't ever want to. The hate isn't directed at the location or how great it may be on the inside anyway, but rather its unfortunate design, materials, and the sub-par quality of the finishing touches.

And what do you think you are doing? If you have between 400 and 500K for a one-bedroom, 600 to 750 sq. ft., good for you. I hope you will recognize that this is higher than what you could get in many other condos downtown. The love-in for Lumière, across the street, might be justified when it comes to its architecture, but the layouts of its apartments are laughable. Perhaps I could have a bedroom as large as mine in a penthouse, but even then I'm not sure... An other example: Mozo, a slightly older place where the apartments do not come close to the resale prices of ROCP.

The fact is that ROCP, despite its faults, is a vast improvement over what was done before on Bay St. and in the general area in the past 20 years (the Liberties, the two nondescript condos to the south of Lumière...).

It's pretty easy to talk a big game, especially when you're hiding behind a computer screen. The majority of these college students you speak of happen to be wealthy international students. This isn't some cutesy student discount charade. A good friend of mine purchased a unit here pre-construction. It's been a great investment for him and his family, as the value of the unit has skyrocketed with the added density and demand to the area over the years. As Bayer stated, 400-500 k would get you a one bedroom at most. The higher end suites are selling into the multi-millions. Last I saw, the penthouse was listed at 4.5 million. Design and material flaws aside, this is a desirable property which possesses great attributes for someone wishing to live in the downtown core. The griping over its appearance really is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Guess it's just people's time of the month.

i love these ROCP defenders!

"For the majority of people, the "desirability" of a building has little to do with its external materials. There are numerous other factors that are more important."

"The fact is that ROCP, despite its faults, is a vast improvement over what was done before on Bay St. and in the general area in the past 20 years"

"Design and material flaws aside, this is a desirable property which possesses great attributes for someone wishing to live in the downtown core. The griping over its appearance really is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things."

Ah, yes, the old "grand scheme of things"

Please just let it go, you can't win this argument. I don't care if every unit in the place has a bathtub carved from a single piece of marble, from the outside these buildings are ugly and cheap looking, and there is no doubt that 15 or 20 years of exposure to Toronto weather and pollution will render them pitted, dirty, corroded and water stained. Virtually every single building in the city fabricated with these cheapo metal panels eventually manifests most of these problems. Besides the aesthetic deficiencies, it was a very short-sighted decision to construct these hulking monsters out of a very impermanent material. And its disrespectful to the city that has to watch these things as they fall apart.

Last edited:

Back