News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Are you sure this is location of the very first Pizza Pizza? I can remember about 10 years ago there used to be a Chinese restaurant at this location ( I think it was called the tender trap and is now on Parliament).

I read that the first Pizza Pizza location was Wellesley and Parliament. One of the signs on the wall to the right of the truck says 40th anniversary (1967-2007) so I put two and two together. I could be wrong. There is another Pizza Pizza just around the corner on Parliament so who knows.

I could be wrong, but I think Tender Trap was west of Parliament and used to front onto Wellesley, but the Pizza Pizza was right on the corner. I think a few years back Pizza Pizza expanded to occupy both its original building and the Tender Trap's.

From 1987 to 1992 I worked in the Order Processing Dept. at PP(as we called it) in the head office at Jarvis St./Charles St. E. The stores all have numbers and Store 1 was Parliament/Wellesley. There were even order takers who remembered working upstairs at Store 1 before the office was moved. Now X2 will see the Jarvis office destroyed. By the way Store 6 is Church/Wellesley so it wasn't too far behind Store 1.

Back