News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I miss seeing the 'photo of the day' at the top of each forum page. I don't know where to find it other than in this thread.

I miss seeing the 'photo of the day' at the top of each forum page. I don't know where to find it other than in this thread.

You can find it here or daily on the home page.

Bye Bye Old St George's Church - Hello New Church And Condo
Photo By Carter
February 4, 2010

St George's Church sold part of their land to be used for a condo. In return they get a new building.
StGeorge(Carter).jpg

You can find it here or daily on the home page.

True, but that involves searching for it. On the home page it gets lost amongst the blog entries, and judging by the lack of recent posts in this thread it seems fewer people even bother to look here. I like the photo of the day because it highlights a unique photo of something nostalgic, a milestone that has been reached, or just a great work of photography. Whatever the case may be, it was selected to bring attention to an image that may otherwise have been lost somewhere on UT. I appreciate the effort put into selecting a photo almost every day. These photos should be showcased better.

Photo Of The Day: Uptown Residences From Yonge And Bloor
Photo By Parkdalian
February 5, 2010

Yonge and Bloor is becoming quite the cluster of buildings. We really love this photo by Parkdalian.
Uptown-Feb3-10(Parkdalian).jpg

The Rare Metro Toronto Police Ford Pinto.
Photo By colbyb
February 5, 2010

We couldn't resist a second Photo Of The Day today when we saw this post. A shot from back in the 1970's from Yonge and Albert featuring a Toronto Police Ford Pinto. Is it just us that think criminals would not fear any officer chasing them in this car?

The photo also shows that cool looking building to the right of the Pinto. That was the original Eaton store which was removed for the Eaton Centre. A great piece of urbanism was replaced by the dead space that the Eaton Centre creates along Yonge Street today.

A gold medal goes to forum member colbyb for this amazing first post!

PolicePinto(colbyb).jpg

^^Quite the shrewd tactic on the part of Toronto police. Criminals escaping in their Charger hemis were stricken by such incapacitating fits of laughter upon seeing the poor sod of a cop sputter onto the scene in his Pinto that they were rendered unable to drive and were apprehended quickly.

Look at the copper in the pic above valiantly trying to strike a suave pose with the arm out the window. Sorry bud, ain't happenin'.

Last edited:

Back