8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Photo Of The Day: Veins and Arteries
Photo By tomms
March 22, 2010

The veins and arteries of the city keep pumping all night.
potd-qewgardiner-tomms.jpg

Photo Of The Day: Maple Leaf Square Rising High
Photo By CML
March 23, 2010

Maple Leaf Square rising high above an impressive podium. York and Bremner has sure changed in the last few years.
potd-mlse-CML.jpg

Photo Of The Day: Osgoode Hall
Photo By tomms
March 24, 2010

Today we took a look at what Queen and University used to look like back when University ended at Queen. In today's Photo Of The Day we look at it today.
potd-OsgoodeHall-tomms.jpg

Photo Of The Day: NYCC From Steeles and Hilda
Photo By jaycola
March 25, 2010

Ah the memories. I lived in this area during my childhood. I played soccer on the field in the foreground (Newtonbrook Secondary School) and hockey at Goulding Park (middle of the picture). My home, now replaced by a monster home, can barely be seen in the middle. When we moved into the area this was the end of the city quite literally. The building this shot was taken from was not yet built and virtually everything north of Steeles was farmland. What a change in 40 years.
potd-NYCCFromSteeles-jaycola.jpg

Photo Of The Day: Skyline From Danforth & Broadview
Photo By yonderbean
March 26, 2010

What more can we say other than this is one of the best places in town to view the downtown skyline.
SkyFromNE-yonderbean.jpg

Photo Of The Day: Disera Dr in Vaughan
Photo By jaycola
March 29, 2010

We seriously had no idea about this street. Come on 905ers you need to keep us updated. Does this street work in urban terms or is it as real as the Disney backlot?
potd-disera-jaycola.jpg

Photo Of The Day: Bloor Street Revitalization
Photo By androiduk
March 30, 2010

This will be the second summer of work on revitalizing Bloor Street. Can't wait to see it fully completed.
potd-bloorrevit-androiduk.jpg

Photo Of The Day: The 401's 18 Lanes
Photo By flar
March 31, 2010

The 401 is the world's busiest freeway. Not surprising then that it hits 18 lanes in in spots like this section in Mississauga. Not very urban friendly but pretty cool to look at from above.
potd-401-flar.jpg

Photo Of The Day: Toronto Obscured
Photo By tomms
March 12, 2010

Spent a long while trying to figure what we are looking at. Can anybody place this scene?
potd-smoggy-tomms.jpg

Looking west, roughly over Bloor Street, with Bloor/Dufferin in the foreground, with The Crossways and High Park to the right, Etobicoke and Mississauga in the distance......................if I'm not too terribly mistaken.

Photo Of The Day: Ritz-Carlton From U of T
Photo By confusion
April 5, 2010

We've had some people complain about how One Bedford towers over the University Of Toronto campus. Do we have the same problem here or are we OK because these buildings are much further away?
potd-ritz-uoft-confusion.jpg

Photo Of The Day: Bay And Babies
Photo By androiduk
April 6, 2010

Bay near College. With all the new condos comes an explosion of babies and dogs. A sure sign that the core of the city is in decent shape.
potd-bay-college-androiduk.jpg

Back