News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

That's an incredible shot man, nice!
I believe that will be my desktop background for a few days at least. :)
Thanks!

Photo Of The Day: A Strange Fog Appears Downtown
Photo by dt_toronto_geek
June 11, 2010
new york cheap hotel

A strange fog appeared downtown the other night. We just love night shots like this.

potd-Skyfog-dtgeek.jpg

Photo Of The Day: The G20 Comes To Town
Photo by Mike in TO
June 28, 2010

The G20 comes to town and its not pretty. Thanks to the federal government for locating the G20 in the centre of the largest city in Canada. And thanks to the "protesters" that brought Beirut to Toronto. Morons all!

potd-G20violence-MikeinTO.jpg

Photo Of The Day: Yonge And Bloor Continues To Sprout
Photo by urbandreamer
June 30, 2010

The Yonge and Bloor skyline continues its impressive growth. Just wait until One Bloor and the Four Seasons make their mark.
YongeBloor-06-24-10-urband.jpg

Photo Of The Day: Maple Leaf Square Condominium Looking East
Photo by Polystyrene
June 10, 2010

The view from the new Maple Leaf Square Condos looking east towards the St Lawrence Market area. Rising 54 and 50 storeys, MLS was developed by Cadillac Fairview in tandem with Lanterra, and was designed by KPMB/P+S. Someone is going to have a great vantage point as Cityzen's L Tower starts to rise.

potd-EastMLS-Polystyrene.jpg

Additional photos can be found here.

E7: Polystyrene's pics here are quite interesting showing airviews of Downtown Toronto as it is today - I noticed all the GO buses outside this pictured building and I realized that is now the location of GO's Bus Terminal - a good move by GO to bring the Rail and Bus terminals together remembering that they were separate in the past...
LI MIKE

Photo Of The Day: The View From Tridel's Republic Of Yonge And Eglinton Condo
Photo by Tridelwebmaster
July 5, 2010

The view from Tridel's newly completed Republic Of Yonge And Eglinton condo. The 24 and 27 storey buildings were designed by Burka Architects. Great location and certainly a great view from above.

20100621-70roehampton.jpg

And here's a shot of the private deck from where this picture was taken.
20100621-ph-70roehampto.jpg

Additional photos of Republic can be found here including shots of how North Toronto Collegiate Institute was incorporated into the project.

Yeah I was following this on the news, what a complete fiasco.
I mean, I get wanting to protest something or get the message out for something you believe in, but there's no message here. Even if there was, it's completely obfuscated by the violence. All the destruction is what people will remember.
So weak.

Photo Of The Day: The G20 Comes To Town
Photo by Mike in TO
June 28, 2010

The G20 comes to town and its not pretty. Thanks to the federal government for locating the G20 in the centre of the largest city in Canada. And thanks to the "protesters" that brought Beirut to Toronto. Morons all! life cover

potd-G20violence-MikeinTO.jpg

Photo Of The Day: Toronto Aerial From The East End
Photo by Ontario Realty Corporation
July 6, 2010

Toronto aerial from the east end. The photo shows just how big the West Don Lands redevelopment area really is. More on the West Don Lands here.

AerialFromEast-ORC.jpg

Photo Of The Day: Looking Down On The Western End Of Harbourfront
Photo by ultran00b
July 7, 2010

Looking down on the western end of Harbourfront. Who says we don't have an attractive waterfront?

WestBayfront-ultran00b.jpg

Photo Of The Day: Looking Down On The Western End Of Harbourfront
Photo by ultran00b
July 7, 2010

Looking down on the western end of Harbourfront. Who says we don't have an attractive waterfront?

WestBayfront-ultran00b.jpg

This marina has been built on the exact site of a WWII shipyard (foot of Spadina Ave.).

Torontominesweepers1944.jpg

I'll repeat what I posted in the blog: Goldie, where did you find that page? Would love to have a look at the book.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the shipyard is actually WEST of the silos, is it not?

I'm sorry, g.money, but I don't recall where I found this page - I've had the file for many years - perhaps I assembled it myself from found photos.
I'm attaching some other photos of the same shipyard - also from my old files.
That American-made movie took some liberties with the truth - although the clips were obviously stock-shots from Toronto, the ships built there were all minesweepers, I believe - not corvettes!
The shipyard was between two grain elevators (silos). It was to the east of the silo that still remains at the foot of Bathurst St.
The yard was on the exact site of that present-day marina in the photo by ultran00b.
BTY, I witnessed a few of the launchings!

Corvette1.jpg

Corvette2.jpg

Corvette3.jpg

Back