News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

There is no easy solution to this...and is likely a pain to do outside of being really skilled at it, but making sure one's watermark signature is placed as such within the photographic contributions that will make it more difficult for anyone else to remove. Mr. kotsy is a good example of this by tagging grainy signatures upon grainy and/or awkward subject matter and surfaces. This does not guarantee that this will stop anyone using it without proper crediting, but it will at least act as more of a deterrent in doing so.

...others here have used more extreme measures in the past such as slapping their contributions with huge arsed watermarks or spamming it with colourful clip art characters. I find that really distracting as I am sure other readers do too, but I guess it was working for them.
I put signatures to find if someone used my photo elsewhere, at least I know it’s my photo. That’s why I don’t place obnoxious watermarks, I don’t want to ruin the photo. I place it in hidden spots, so that people viewing the image aren’t distracted by it. At least I have my signature somewhere in the photo. But with this, I’ll have to change it up a little. Trying less subtle ones like @kotsy and @Johnny Au graffiti signature. I could also place more hidden ones. I know this won’t stop people from reusing the photos.

Last edited:
I’ll experiment with that.

Wonder if anyone at UT has anything to say about this?
@interchange42
Sorry, even though you @tted me, I'm just seeing this now. The Forum is simply too big to attend to everything quickly anymore, and some things take too long to be addressed.

Everything that has gone up on the front page over the years has been credited. I didn't realize that was not the case with the TikToks. We are discussing this as a company today, and will get this fixed!

Sorry, even though you @tted me, I'm just seeing this now. The Forum is simply too big to attend to everything quickly anymore, and some things take too long to be addressed.

Everything that has gone up on the front page over the years has been credited. I didn't realize that was not the case with the TikToks. We are discussing this as a company today, and will get this fixed!

No worries! I know, this website is busy! Thank you for responding and acknowledging it. Yes, I noticed a lot of pictures used on this website have been credited, like the daily photos. That’s why I was surprised a little when I saw the social media accounts not crediting.
Thanks.

To add to this conversation, yes that is our TikTok page. It's an oversight that it wasn't part of our social media links and will be added shortly.

Back