40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Thank God this isn't anywhere near the downtown core. What a pile of absolutely forgettable green-glass garbage. It just screams "Look at me! You may mistake me for 65 other buildings in the GTA, but look at me anyway!"
You just know that this one is going to suck.

eerrr ... I don't understands all the bashing ... this is no different than a typical glass tower in downtown Toronto (ie: MLS, Cityplace, Festival Tower) :confused:

eerrr ... I don't understands all the bashing ... this is no different than a typical glass tower in downtown Toronto (ie: MLS, Cityplace, Festival Tower) :confused:

Yeah, it looks fine with its decent podium and nicely integrated mechanicals.

I agree with Solaris, There is nothing special about it but it's certainly not an eye sore. It's a typical high rise glass tower with balconies. Aside from Absolute world, there isn't many buildings that are real gems in the area anyways.

...Meanwhile at Page Steel headquarters: take Success Tower, copy, paste, crop 50% anddddd increase blue saturation by 120%. Another work of art, guys! I mean, it's just Mississauga, am I right?

If this project is considered P S' way to copy & slightly adjust Success Tower ... then what should be said about aA's designs, they are all nearly the same (ie: Casa, PureSpirits, Murano, MYC) :p

They look the same to rubes. Besides, aA's designs are graceful and contribute positively to the urban landscape. I'd much rather have a bunch of those dotting the landscape than a bunch of similar looking P S buildings (which we're starting to see more of).

They look the same to rubes. Besides, aA's designs are graceful and contribute positively to the urban landscape. I'd much rather have a bunch of those dotting the landscape than a bunch of similar looking P S buildings (which we're starting to see more of).

I never thought I'd apply the word "fanboy" to architecture, but aA obviously has them! :)

Hey, I just appreciate tasteful design. I can't really think of an aA design that is bad, at worst they've put up a couple plain buildings. My main exception is with their Corktown Brownstone project on King East, which is pretty run-of-the-mill, but offensive for putting low density, and residential entrances, onto a main street.

Back