News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

You think Conservatives are racist? Not sure what you’re trying to express.
You're the one whining they're running off to Bernier, not me.

Trying to respond to your word salad but you’re not giving me much to work with LOL. It’s not so easy to make people pay taxes. I reduced my United Way contribution same year Trudeau decided to raise my taxes.
Yeah, making life harder on other people, THAT'LL show them lefties! Well, if that's the formula, I propose Trudeau just keeps raising your taxes till you end up a United Way recipient, and then we'll all enjoy listening to the new tune you sing with the shoe on the other foot. Not that we'd leave you there long; after all, WE care about other human beings.

Last edited:
"And by the way, I also voted twice for John Tory and will probably do it again if given the chance, despite his vapid and non-existent efforts to accomplish any of what I just said."
As opposed to whom? What, we should have made Doug Ford mayor, because HE would have done any of that, or actually anything other than turn this city into Detroit East for the crowing rights of having saved the average person in this city less money in a year than it takes to buy a 28" flat screen? What folly that would have been. How, then, could he have gone on to greater things, like giving the people of this province swampy, tasteless beer at prices we all appreciated in the days of gated reverb drumming and mullet hairdos, and wadding up our Constitution to use as toilet paper to throw in the faces of the judiciary? Yes, the people of Ontario would have been the losers there, that's for sure...

I detest Bernier, and will be voting Conservative this year after having voted Liberal last election. Bernier's presence will make it harder for Conservatives to win.
I refer the hon. gentleman to my previous crack the last time he made essentially the same point.

Ok, sorry Primate no disrespect intended. :)
I say once more, however, not wanting to see my taxes raised yet again does not make me a selfish SOB. I won't get into some contest here about who works harder, or sacrifices more. Its pointless. I do know (from personal observation) that throwing money at problems can often be utterly wasteful and literally counter-productive. That I HAVE seen.

As opposed to whom? What, we should have made Doug Ford mayor, because...

I could understand that reasoning back in 2014. But Doug Ford did not run for mayor in the last election, so that's not an excuse.

Last edited:
You think Conservatives are racist? Not sure what you’re trying to express.
Under Liberal & Conservatives Canada admitted ~300k immigrants a year, 1% of population. The vast majority of Canadians including me see enormous value in that. On balance, Canada is much better off and is one of 'least racist' countries in the world. This habit of calling Conservatives (or Republicans) racist is divisive and dangerous. In part because it signals to some whites that they are resented by the very people they welcome. The other group using the term 'racist' are virtue-signaling whites trying to demonstrate they morally superior to lower class whites. The worry is that under threat, whites start voting as a block which historically they have not done. The Trump effect. So don't be careless with the word racist, even though it's a meaningless term now.

Under Liberal & Conservatives Canada admitted ~300k immigrants a year, 1% of population. The vast majority of Canadians including me see enormous value in that. On balance, Canada is much better off and is one of 'least racist' countries in the world. This habit of calling Conservatives (or Republicans) racist is divisive and dangerous. In part because it signals to some whites that they are resented by the very people they welcome. The other group using the term 'racist' are virtue-signaling whites trying to demonstrate they morally superior to lower class whites. The worry is that under threat, whites start voting as a block which historically they have not done. The Trump effect. So don't be careless with the word racist, even though it's a meaningless term now.

Putting aside any issues I have w/the substance of the above..............

If you would like a nuanced response, learn to give one.

Putting aside any issues I have w/the substance of the above..............

If you would like a nuanced response, learn to give one.
I have this sense you were a school principal. You’re patient, thoughtful, measured and then when pressed too far get irritated. No problem I’m an irritating guy who spent too much time in the principals office many decades ago. But that gold plated pension made it all worthwhile right? :)

I have this sense you were a school principal. You’re patient, thoughtful, measured and then when pressed too far get irritated. No problem I’m an irritating guy who spent too much time in the principals office many decades ago. But that gold plated pension made it all worthwhile right? :)

LOL, while I won't discuss my exact career path..........I am not, nor have I been a public servant.

I have been involved with senior organization management............in both a private charitable setting and a corporate one...........no pension from either, but a healthy RRSP.

Back