8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how you carefully excluded the Liberals from your critic

Are you kidding me? I was talking specifically about Tim Hudak. The Liberals have been a joke with many things, but overall their transit plan is far better than the PCs, and they are serious about paying for it. All Hudak wants to do is cancel everything that doesn't have a tunnel or 416 area code, and promise a bunch of suburban subways that will be funded by "efficiencies" (whatever that is).

The subway in NYC is 4 tracks everywhere, but I understand the point. I think the DRL needs to go to Don Mills Finch so we can actually fix middle yonge.

I think Hudak will go for GO expansion on Milton and Markham at least.

Also I think eglinton will get built to the Eglinton go station (Eglinton Brimley area) very cheap extension, if he buries it. I think Hudak will be interested in the airport extension of eglinton too.

And Mississauga!

Are you kidding me? I was talking specifically about Tim Hudak. The Liberals have been a joke with many things, but overall their transit plan is far better than the PCs, and they are serious about paying for it. All Hudak wants to do is cancel everything that doesn't have a tunnel or 416 area code, and promise a bunch of suburban subways that will be funded by "efficiencies" (whatever that is).
Lol we both know this is a wishlist from the PC's Ontario has no money.
And Mississauga!
IMO...Corsuganti will get mad at me, but Hazel does not want the subway. Otherwise Bloor would have been extended years ago. I think stopping the west mall or Sherway is enough.

hudak future.jpg

This is an expanded version of the PC fantasy plan. I have Sheppard going down to Ellesmere and then stopping at UTS, same with Eglinton East. But here's a trick: why not pull Sheppard up to Finch west. Cross Islington and Albion (Thisletown), then travel on Finch to Humber college. That is what Hudak and Ford will want to do.

Attachments

• hudak future.jpg
    hudak future.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 306

+1

If Hudak is elected, the only subways being built are Relief Line and Yonge. Everyone else in the province is screwed. No LRTs, no subways. Enjoy your busses people.

+1

If Hudak is elected, the only subways being built are Relief Line and Yonge. Everyone else in the province is screwed. No LRTs, no subways. Enjoy your busses people.

I personally would be surprised if the Relief Line is built or started if Hudak is elected, even though he rightly recognizes it as the highest priority. The reason I think this is because he opposes new taxes for transit funding, and says that he will build it "when the money is available" or something to that effect.

I personally would be surprised if the Relief Line is built or started if Hudak is elected, even though he rightly recognizes it as the highest priority. The reason I think this is because he opposes new taxes for transit funding, and says that he will build it "when the money is available" or something to that effect.

I have no earthly way of knowing if this plan can be funded without raising taxes but I also see no earthly reason for putting words in his mouth. He does not say it will be funded when money is available...he says he will make money available by redirecting/re purposing existing money within government. He says money is available.

I have no earthly way of knowing if this plan can be funded without raising taxes but I also see no earthly reason for putting words in his mouth. He does not say it will be funded when money is available...he says he will make money available by redirecting/re purposing existing money within government. He says money is available.

Why do you keep saying this? What money is available? We have none.

He says he'll find "efficiencies". Generally when politicians say that, what they really mean is that the money doesn't exist and isn't coming (ahem: gravy train). So i wouldnt believe him unless Hudak can give us specific details of where he'll find tens of billions of dollars of efficiencies.

+1

If Hudak is elected, the only subways being built are Relief Line and Yonge. Everyone else in the province is screwed. No LRTs, no subways. Enjoy your buses people.

I don't think any subways will be build. He is not going to find enough money through his "efficiencies" and fire sale of public assets. And check out this gem from the latest Star article:

“We should raise additional funds for transportation infrastructure by encouraging Ontario and Canadian pension funds to invest in government-owned businesses,” the document states.

“This partial ownership by pension funds would raise billions of dollars necessary to improve and expand Ontario’s subways, light rail transit, roads and bridges,” it continues.

“The pension plans of our teachers, municipal, energy and health-care workers, for example, invest in businesses like these all over the world on behalf of their members. We think they should invest in Ontario, too.”

Enjoy your buses is exactly right. What an idiot.

Last edited:
+1

Beside York and Toronto where did you expect the subway to go?

Hudak (Holiday really) wants it in Mississauga, most likely to win the council into letting go of the LRT. Which one would be more expensive? Bloor extension into Mississauga or a billion $ LRT? Which one Mississauga citizens would support more? LRT or Subway? I think I had read that expending the line to Mississauga wouldn't be that expensive as the trains wouldn't need to go underground (anyone can correct me)

I know Toronto and the GTA highways had gridlock problems. Wasn't aware that the 905 city had that much inner gridlock...And what's wrong with BRT in the 905?

You are correct in saying the province does not have $2 billion a year of excess property to sell....but you paint an inaccurate (by my read) of what Hudak is saying. I can't find, anywhere, where he or any other Tory said that the entire $2B/year would come from sale of excess lands. It is one component of the various ways that they claim they can dedicate $2B/year to transit/roads/infrastructure without needing to raise new taxes/tolls/fees.

That is the first time I've said it

The quote above is not the same? Come on man. Hudak has no plan to pay for this. He should win but he won't.

he only needs 1.6% of the overall budget to achieve that. It's not unrealistic but I'm curious to see what he'll cut

Last edited:

Five years ago we were in the same boat. How can you bring in all day Kindergarten at $1.5B per year - there is no existing money for it. It seems there is always money available - it is just prioritizing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back