News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Good, this is the one; thanks! It is on my way to work and I noticed that they do rotate crane (wind correction?), but not much happens on the ground.

Your confusing North Star with Norstar, different developers.

Ooo! Thanks for catching that. No offense North Star: my mistake! (Although you might want to change your name now: see the confusion?)

Why does Nikon D40 portrait shots have two thick borders in the photos and the landscape shots do not? I use a Nikon D40. I take a lot of ID photos, I want to load the photos directly to the template but the photos have two wide black borders to both sides when I turn the camera sideways (portrait). When the camera is turned to landscape the photo is ok (no black border, only the subject). Is there any setting or adjustment to remove both black borders from my portrait shots?

Last edited:
Site excavation has started. The entire stretch of Sheppard W between Yonge and Dufferin is one big construction! Well, there are mostly 3-5 storey office buildings between Yonge and Bathurst, but mostly residential condos further west. A case for extending Sheppard line west is getting stronger...

Norstar, is the developer of Star of Downtown, Wilshire on the green, as well as this project. You can search for those 2 other condos in this forum, and be your own judge how this one is going to turn out :)

In other words, this one will be every bit as crappy as those other two. Can we ban Norstar?

The builder might be good, but most of their marketing and staffs are bad. Not sure who's handling this project in their company, if it is the same crew, I'll say good luck!

looks like this project started off with Elm Developments, but later got sold to Norstar?

Anyhow, I dropped into Portrait's presentation centre this weekend and was impressed by the product with respect to suite design and decent standard features offered, this 'may' very well be the one time that Norstar could get it right and construct a decent building that they can proudly put their name behind ~

During my visit, the P1 parking level was nearly complete and they should start ground floor very soon ~

Live Webcam: http://www.portraitcondo.com/live-video.php

looks like this project started off with Elm Developments, but later got sold to Norstar?

Anyhow, I dropped into Portrait's presentation centre this weekend and was impressed by the product with respect to suite design and decent standard features offered, this 'may' very well be the one time that Norstar could get it right and construct a decent building that they can proudly put their name behind ~

During my visit, the P1 parking level was nearly complete and they should start ground floor very soon ~

Live Webcam: http://www.portraitcondo.com/live-video.php

Portrait was started by ELM they almost went power of sale and sold it to Norstar for 8 mil and 3 mil at the back end. It was a hard sale because it sold only 8 units in those 4 months when it was sold

Thanks for the update. I live around the cornor from here so am always interested to see what the state of the project is.

I just took a look at the Floor Plans on the website, and I'm surprised by how big they are! There looks to be a number of 2br + den suites, ranging from 1000 to almost 1800 square ft. It's nice to see larger units here. The ones at Metro Place (across from Dowsnview Station) aren't nearly as large. I wonder how much they sell for.

Hi Folks,

I wanted to write and say my suite looks amazing and Norstar has outdone themselves. I had my PDI and Tony did an amazing job walking me through it. I am really looking forward to moving in, meeting my neighbours and enjoying my new home. I am very impressed with Norstar’s workmanship and I think they have really outdone themselves. It is my understanding there are no delivery charges for the appliances. I think Wilshire on the green is a great investment and I am satisfied with the service that I have received from Norstar.

Hi mango3,

This is really weird after you post so many different opinion at wilshire thread, something happened?

Hi Folks,

I wanted to write and say my suite looks amazing and Norstar has outdone themselves. I had my PDI and Tony did an amazing job walking me through it. I am really looking forward to moving in, meeting my neighbours and enjoying my new home. I am very impressed with Norstar’s workmanship and I think they have really outdone themselves. It is my understanding there are no delivery charges for the appliances. I think Wilshire on the green is a great investment and I am satisfied with the service that I have received from Norstar.

I thought you had problems with Norstar using your suite as model home or something ??

Back