9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I'd say.

KimChizevsky1.jpg

Quag.PNG

Well, if I can have the final word, the beauty of internet forums is that we are all anonymous, so we can say whatever shit we want without the fear that people will recognize us on the street. It's a form of armour, if you will.

Sometimes when I'm walking through Cabbagetown, I wonder whether I'm inadvertently passing by Admiral Beez. Or when I'm in Riverdale I wonder if that was just Urban Shocker, etc.

The best "communities" online are ones where there are people who are not afraid for others to know who they are. That's been my experience anyway.

Never posted my photo here (or attended a meet) as I was convinced one day someone was going to go to the reference desk of either Scott Library at York, or at UTSC, and punch me in the nose due to some of the things I used to post here, years ago. I think I've mellowed somewhat.

It really doesn't take much to find out who I am, but I like hiding behind a semi-private identity so I can separate my comments on an internet forum from more diplomatic language and comments I make elsewhere in real life. Few people here want to treat this like Facebook.

There used to be a fair amount of people pics posted from forum meets or other gatherings/outings of forumers. I'm sure these threads are still around, waiting for their names and faces to be plundered by the curious.

Well, if I can have the final word, the beauty of internet forums is that we are all anonymous, so we can say whatever shit we want without the fear that people will recognize us on the street. It's a form of armour, if you will.

Sometimes when I'm walking through Cabbagetown, I wonder whether I'm inadvertently passing by Admiral Beez. Or when I'm in Riverdale I wonder if that was just Urban Shocker, etc.

Funny you should say this. What happens at the UT meetups? Do I intro myself as Mustapha and have a beer and chat and then leave and never give out my real name? I would feel odd about that.

No, at forum meets, you introduce yourself as yourself, then explain what your handle is. I know many people here by their first names, but try to stick to the handle when addressing that person here.

People who attended forum meets also have a secret handshake.

No, at forum meets, you introduce yourself as yourself, then explain what your handle is. I know many people here by their first names, but try to stick to the handle when addressing that person here.

People who attended forum meets also have a secret handshake.

YOU GUYS ARE MASONS.?.! I"M OUTTTA HERE.:eek:

Back