News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Mmm-kay, henceforth I will replace "former drug dealer" with "pathological liar" when describing our Premier-elect. (btw, was there any resolution back in the day regarding Thug's claim that his wife is Jewish?)

Or maybe just lay off with the incessant name calling and attacks on his character, which contributes nothing of substance to the discussion.

John Tory was complimentary of Ford today, saying that they speak often and that they both have similar priorities on building transit. I think that we'll see Tory pulled towards his PC roots. In retrospect, it makes sense why Tory was more progressive as Mayor than his Conservative affiliation would suggest. He was following Wynne's lead. With Ford holding the purse strings, Tory might be moving to the right. It'll be more important than ever to elect a progressive City Council in October to preserve progressive policies and to keep both Ford and Tory in check given that it's unlikely that Tory will do it himself.

Tory has always said that he will try and get along with whoever is elected. If the NDP somehow won, he would get along with Horvath. During the federal election, he also said he would work with the party that won.

We have plenty of fun Doug Ford scandals etc. to look forward to on top of the existing one's here but (and I look forward to the pile on about my response here) isn't this drug dealer shtick kind of getting old unless the man is pulled over at a traffic stop tomorrow and has a few kilos in the back seat of his SUV?

First, I have a number of friends who were Drug dealers in high school and moved on to become upstanding gentlemen and good husbands and fathers. Second, if you have any personal experience with the private-school-sons-of-over-bearing-fathers-who-have-money-and-business-success crowd you would know that dealing coke etc. or doing time in juvie is not unique, it is almost a mandatory ritual of the maturation process.

Lastly, the howls from those on the left choosing this issue to attack Doug on (among the many, many other things he could be attacked for) are a bit choice given his rise from humble drug dealer origins to Premier would make a good progressive poster boy narrative if his politics were "right" no?

So, it's OK to deal drugs as long as you later in life become an outstanding citizen? - yeah I have had personal experience with over bearing parents with money and I knew for sure to keep my nose clean and never got involved with shady crap which would have resulted in a criminal record or jail time. As a matter of fact I feared my parents more than the police or (insert deity of choice here) In my experience, those who were thugs growing up will remain thugs as adults. In my circles having spend time in juvi is not a or ever was a badge of honor.

So, it's OK to deal drugs as long as you later in life become an outstanding citizen? - yeah I have had personal experience with over bearing parents with money and I knew for sure to keep my nose clean and never got involved with shady crap which would have resulted in a criminal record or jail time. As a matter of fact I feared my parents more than the police or (insert deity of choice here) In my experience, those who were thugs growing up will remain thugs as adults. In my circles having spend time in juvi is not a or ever was a badge of honor.
Has Doug Ford been convicted of drug trafficking? If not, it’s all apocryphal.

Financial Times bulletin:
Larry Kudlow being treated for heart attack
Larry Kudlow, Donald Trump’s chief economic adviser, is being treated in hospital after suffering a heart attack, the president said on Tuesday.

“Our Great Larry Kudlow, who has been working so hard on trade and the economy, has just suffered a heart attack. He is now in Walter Reed Medical Center,” Mr Trump tweeted, just moments before he was due to meet North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Read more here

He seemed to be slurring and/or drunk or drugged on the CNN interview a day ago.

"Heart Attack"? It's something more than that. Mind Meltdown is more like it.

John Tory was complimentary of Ford today, saying that they speak often and that they both have similar priorities on building transit. I think that we'll see Tory pulled towards his PC roots. In retrospect, it makes sense why Tory was more progressive as Mayor than his Conservative affiliation would suggest. He was following Wynne's lead. With Ford holding the purse strings, Tory might be moving to the right. It'll be more important than ever to elect a progressive City Council in October to preserve progressive policies and to keep both Ford and Tory in check given that it's unlikely that Tory will do it himself.
If Ford changes the Mayors powers, I could see Tory deciding to go for another term as mayor beyond this upcoming one.

What are you looking for, an 8mm video? You're just choosing what to believe based on your political views. By far the most plausible explanation is that the dozen or so people the Globe interviewed are telling the truth.

I’m willing to bet Metro police had a file on Doug, and mentions of him in statements made from other dealers arrested during that time.

That said, it’s not like the police are suddenly gonna charge Ford. The time to do that was the 80’s, and no doubt connections and Ford Srs prominence in Etobicoke kept that from happening.

Unless something is leaked by the Police, we’re not likely to hear anything more concrete, the whole thing can continue to be brushed off as a smear campaign.

My hope is on the fraud charge awaiting Doug in the near future over Rob’s estate. I have no doubt this whole thing is now under investigation. And it’s not like Ford can “pardon” himself.

I never really understood this attack on Doug. If he was selling weed in high school, who cares. We all know good people who sold some weed in high school/college. Maybe if Doug was running on some socially conservative agenda, it would be fair game, but I agree with your take.

It wasn't what he was selling. The concern is that he was (allegedly) a big enough dealer, who had his own runners, that he owes allegiance to whoever was supplying him. This wasn't a kid selling baggies, this was part of a supply chain that goes back to organized crime. Who is now expecting favours from Doug, based on his dealing business relationships?

You're just choosing what to believe based on your political views.
I suggest you hold your accusations. You don't know me, nor my political views. I was a big NDP supporter this election, and am very pleased that Suze won in Toronto Centre.

As for what I believe, I'll tell you. Ford isn't convicted of drug trafficking. To accuse anyone of criminal acts can be slanderous and actionable; otherwise why would accusers, such as yourself hide behind the anonymity of the web and reporters' confidential sources?
It wasn't what he was selling. The concern is that he was (allegedly) a big enough dealer, who had his own runners, that he owes allegiance to whoever was supplying him
Sounds like what Shoppers Drug Mart is going to become once weed is legalised.

Back