News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Yup. There will be plenty of laughs, gaffes and political epitaphs to entertain us over the next four years. Let the Ford era begin.

I wish we had some British comedians in this country. I'd get TV just to watch them talk rubbish about these pols. It would be beautiful. As it stands, I have to make my own fun because the local comedians are too tame.

Let's just write it off as a "ride-a-long presser gone wrong" He thought to impress the Folks and Little Guy and it blew up in his face.

Guy seems like a dork. I can't recall any past examples of politicians wearing vests when with the police, and am pretty confident he went out of his way to have TPS let him. Did find it interesting that the Ford gov't allowed him to talk about 'crack houses', considering the Ford family's involvement in such.

If there's ever a groundbreaking for the FWLRT will the MPPs arrive in a LAV III.

NDP assume that all criminals in the Jane-Finch area are black - so it must be racist. (Or was it that the bullet proof vest itself is racist, and then police should be banned from using them).
I believe that blacks are not the majority in the Jane-Finch area.
Therefore, the NDP was racist and the Minister was trying to find solutions to crime in general.
It looks like the NDP is auditioning for the job of 3rd party in 2022.

Yeah I can't really see why Horvath is annoucing what was said being racist. The guy seems dumb, which should sort itself out in its own volition by way of news and social media. But I don't see it being racist. NDP kinda needs a new leader.

Last edited:
I'm spending a lot currently since I'm furnishing a new house and (soon) renovating a kitchen. But then my whole (new) mortgage is only $210k so...

Where's that $7k going?

I'm spending a lot currently since I'm furnishing a new house and (soon) renovating a kitchen. But then my whole (new) mortgage is only $210k so...

Where's that $7k going?

Well we don't know how much her mortgage payments are and car payments and debt load. But taking in consideration she never had to worry about spending money when Rob was alive she never learned to live within her means and probably never will unless someone will show her. I am simply concluding that she is spending and buying as she was accustomed to.

This is insane. I'm on a number of local facebook groups and we constantly contact our councillors on local matters. He is going to spread them way too thin if he does this.

Agreed.

Smaller level issues that need to be dealt with on a local level will be brushed aside and/or ignored.

A great strategy for him to have more power over the city, but a continuation of the Mike Harris era dismantling of 'The City That Worked'.

Any legal experts that can comment on the likelihood of him being able to do this in time for the election? It seems to me that even if he manages to change the needed laws in time, legal challenges could tie this up until well after the election.

Not a legal expert.

But registration for candidates closes tomorrow.

But they would be registered for wards that will no longer exist.

That would require refunding any deposits; and otherwise reversing out any registration.

It would require new forms, new dates, I don't even know how you would address campaign finance, surely any already rec'd donations would have to be returned as they were towards campaigns that will no longer happen.

There's a lot of work and expense involved.

The election date is October 22.

If you restart the clock , if they pushed legislation through at break-neck speed they'd be lucky to have it proclaimed by mid-August.

That would mean a new registration date sometime in September?

Mess doesn't even begin to cover it.

They could move the election date, but lots of other things are predicated on the date being Oct 22nd (such as inaugural council meeting and timing for the City budget.

Removing the elected regional chairs is easy, this is messy, unless they delay the effect to the 2022 cycle.

Back