News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I purchased buck-a-beer today at the LCBO. A pack of 4 bottles came to only $4.40 and tasted just like a Heineken. I was pleased.

:eek:

Radegast is at the Beer Store? Are you frigging kidding me?! This whole time I've been missing it?! That's like 14 years I didn't know I could still buy it. Named after the West Slavic god of feasting.

I like Żywiec....I was actually drinking that in Frankfurt and getting accosted by a drunk local at 3 in the am for doing so.

Plzeň is my favourite though. I'm pretty sure it's the Grand Master Lord Emperor of Beers. Like,having its name on the same page as PC Beer and Cool and Corona is probably a grave moral crime. Radegast will be displeased. ;)

Of course it got derailed to the topic of beer. This is exactly what this government wants: bread and circuses. Except you and I are talking proper rye and others are talking white "bread".
Anyway, a buck a beer can't buy anyone worth buying.

@WislaHD

Kozel is too sweet and it's recently been dropped .2% for some reason.
On a recent camping trip, after finishing a case of Plzeň, a friend gave me a Kozel and I spat it out after a sip.....tasted like sugar water after that much Plzeň (Pilsner Urquell).
It's fine on its own....just can't mix it with its big brother.
Speaking of which, Kozel has been brewed in Plzeň by Plzeňský Prazdroj for as long as I can remember.
Also, Velké Popovice are outside of Praha. That's not exactly near Silesia.
And Plzeň is even farther west.
Maybe you're thinking of a different beer?
Speaking of which....and closer to Silesia: Radegast.....the LCBO used to carry it back in the day. That's the best Czech beer.
Also, I think you'll like Zlatý Bažant/Golden Pheasant. Slovakia gold.
Also Budvar/Czechvar is good. Still in bottles....wait, that might be in BC only.

Staropramen went full can in....2006, I think it was. Maybe early 2007...I think it was shortly after I moved out of Parkdale...so early 2007.

Yeah, I think your family wouldn't even dignify buck a swill with such a thing as a thought. Not when good beer is triple that.

Yeah central Europe is probably king for beer.

Honestly, try to find some Radegast next time you're there. It should be possible to find it on the Polish side as well.

Central Europe is definitely not king for beer. Either Belgium or US craft.

Interesting how the idea of saving taxpayer dollars is so unevenly applied...

Ford says he has to break promise to stop Bala Falls hydroelectric project

On the other hand he also broke his promise to put Deco in a blind trust, naming his wife & daughters as Deco directors, with a registered address “care of Douglas Bruce Ford”https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/CorporationsCanada/fdrlCrpDtls.html?corpId=6200532&V_TOKEN=1533042034593&crpNm=deco labels&crpNmbr=&bsNmbr=

Back