News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Changes proposed to OHIP coverage

From link.

Ford wants you to "have a colonoscopy without sedation". Doug Ford truly is a pain in the bum.

And in addition to that, he probably has some anesthesiologist friends and promised them they can charge whatever they want. No frill surgery. The truly sad part is that those who cannot afford the services, will not receive them. But then, no one has ever accused the Conservatives (or Ford Fam) for having too much compassion. As for pain management services, living with chronic pain is no fun and if it can be managed with other alternatives it will save lives, marriages and mental agony. Honestly I really can't understand the thought process of the cabinet. When I wrote them regarding the Toronto Council, their basic answer was: "Since the council size does neither concern or affect my constituents" etc etc. Well, these healthcare measures are going to affect their constituents. What's next? Clapping complacent to the beat of Doug Ford's asinine decisions?

But as per the link I provided above, said "worstness" is probably just fine and dandy w/those who worship the Red Ensign.

The Red Ensign has been dead and gone for 54 years. There's probably less than 1% of Canadians who'd favour abolishing the iconic maple leaf to restore it.

The Red Ensign has been dead and gone for 54 years. There's probably less than 1% of Canadians who'd favour abolishing the iconic maple leaf to restore it.

See the Ontario Flag needs replacing thread at this link.

flag-canada-provincial-gif.42049

I never suspected there was this much gravy on that train:

The Special Investigations Unit, which probes deaths, serious injuries and allegations of sexual assault involving police, will see its funding slashed by more than $3 million in the next fiscal year.

But seriously folks, this will do nothing to halt crime and gun violence. This budget cut will seriously hamper police investigations in (ahem) drugs and gang violence. (including police violence)

CityCynthia

Cynthia Mulligan@CityCynthia
43 mins ago
Mr Premier. With all respect our story is accurate and your own staff have acknowledged that to me. The government identified targets to save from OHIP and the Ministry identified services to be considered. I encourage everyone to read the full story you tweeted out.

"This is another case of the media jumping the gun and not getting their facts straight before running with a story. I would never agree to this. I want to be clear: this was never my position, never my plan." Doug Ford, April 5, 2019

Last edited:
This is just how the Ford government operates. They propose something, get tons of pushback, and backtrack on it. One gets used to it after a while.

Back