News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

NEW: Mitch Davidson, Premier Doug Ford's executive director of policy (and one of the brightest people at Queen's Park), is departing the premier's office. He wrote A Plan for the People for Ford and the People's Guarantee for former PC leader Patrick Brown.

I don't drink, but these brands seem pretty cheap.

Like most of us suspected Ford is catering to his base and still enabling like he did for his brother
Canada ranks third in the world for drunkenness (and 20% know they need help): Report
With 47 drunk days a year, Canada ranked third on a global list of drinking, behind the U.K. and U.S.

https://nationalpost.com/news/world...drunkenness-and-20-know-they-need-help-report

As was mentioned here somewhere before, if you pay a dollar for a beer, it will taste like beer made for a dollar.

I wonder if they have 'buck an appendectomy' in their quiver.

As was mentioned here somewhere before, if you pay a dollar for a beer, it will taste like beer made for a dollar.

I wonder if they have 'buck an appendectomy' in their quiver.

Well, if you charged rock bottom for *any* surgical procedures, you wouldn't need that stinking socialized medicine. Like, Oost notwithstanding, buck-an-abortion: the old coat-hanger technique. And if you're so concerned about the health risks: well, it's your fault for getting sick (or knocked up) while poor. Be more responsible! ;-)

Well, if you charged rock bottom for *any* surgical procedures, you wouldn't need that stinking socialized medicine. Like, Oost notwithstanding, buck-an-abortion: the old coat-hanger technique. And if you're so concerned about the health risks: well, it's your fault for getting sick (or knocked up) while poor. Be more responsible! ;-)
And yet conservatives believe large business needs tax breaks; as if they aren't responsible enough to assume taxes are a cost of operation that should be paid in full.

I don’t think large businesses are really part of Ford’s base. Large businesses are generally more aligned with contemporary Liberal philosophy than Conservative populism. Conservative populists Like Ford openly attack big business.

On a previous discussion point one thing I don’t get about Ontario’s fiscal picture is that while we are being fed that Ontario spends the least per capital on services, Ontario also has one of the highest top marginal tax rates. People with high incomes contrary to popular opinion pay the largest chunk of taxes. So my question is if both of those assertions are correct who is paying less tax in Ontario to create the fiscal shortfall? How can we both be spending less and taking in more revenue from the prime revenue generating group?

Back