News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

^
[B]Jennifer Pagliaro[/B]‏Verified account @[B]jpags[/B]
FollowFollow @jpags
More
On CP24, Premier Doug Ford says they found $1 billion in savings when he was at city hall. That is a lie that has now been debunked by several media outlets, including the Star

9:22 AM - 22 May 2019

Out of curiosity, when the Ford government officially mandate the use of the old trillium emblem? I’ve now noticed it on who separate places; one on the Metrolinx unveiling if the new LRT trains and on a Government of Ontario Facebook account. The logo is the pre-three men in a hot tub but updated in terms of a white trillium on the solid coloured background.

Rob Gill
@vote4robgill

At the last minute, @samoosterhoff cancels a planned visit to Welland French high school Jean-Vanier after students organized a peaceful protest of the Conservative MPP’s views on women’s rights. TFO reporting.

Afraid of some kids...

No surprises there- cuts are almost absolutely always unpopular, and Ford has a tendency to stick his foot in his mouth.

That being said, polls are really only a reflection of current sentiment rather than being a predictor of future results, so the big question is whether the PCs soften their tone and find some way of turfing (Me too-ing?) or recasting Ford in a softer light in the year or two before the next election.

I doubt the PCs can survive four or even three years of straight cuts and gaffes, so there must be some political strategy involved from the backrooms. As I've said before, it could very much be a 'Take your medicine' strategy where the cuts are front-loaded, so time and an goodie-laden election year budget can blunt their impact.

Of course, you can never know, especially with Ford...

No surprises there, Tory is intellectually bankrupt. The city is bascially on autopilot, with the most impactful initiatives essentially created by city staff or external groups- meanwhile, Tory's own initiatives like Vision Zero and Smarttrack are abject failures.

Last edited:
Tory is basically the unofficial opposition leader now.

[B]Amanda Galbraith[/B]‏ @[B]agalbraith[/B] 3m3 minutes ago
More
Amanda Galbraith Retweeted Polling Canada

This is a thing. Even if you +/- for error, this means the campaign @JohnTory is waging is having an effect. I’ve said this all along. It is in both their interest to get along, but it’s REALLY in the provinces interest not to be fighting the VERY popular Mayor of Toronto.

You have to seriously wonder about the results when they’re also asking hypothetical scenarios about Tory as LPC leader. That will never happen, but the only absolute takeaway from this poll is that Ford is awful for the province and probably the PCs as well.

I mean, I’m not surprised.

You have to seriously wonder about the results when they’re also asking hypothetical scenarios about Tory as LPC leader. That will never happen, but the only absolute takeaway from this poll is that Ford is awful for the province and probably the PCs as well.

I mean, I’m not surprised.

The PC's may yet get their comeuppance for the dirty backstab job on Patrick Brown and subsequently choosing the worst possible person as their new leader.

The chicken always comes home to roost.

Afraid of some kids...

I can't say I"m stunned.........but really Sam is managing to self-define as a 'snowflake' in terms of how easily offended or perhaps even scared he gets. Politics, no matter the party requires a thick skin.

If that has you cancelling events, I'm not sure how many 'safe spaces' you have left to speak at or to.

It took under a year but Ford is now less popular then Wynne. What an accomplishment.

What did they expect after screwing over so many people without warning or reason.

It took under a year but Ford is now less popular then Wynne. What an accomplishment.

What did they expect after screwing over so many people without warning or reason.

This is the problem when you have morons as leaders of parties. Those who voted PC did so plugging their noses.

And the funny thing is, it also reveals how DoFo is no Trump--he's just a laughably small-time thug, incompetent at this Putinesque "illiberal democracy" thing.

And again, wouldn't be surprised if he's not just offloaded as PC leader but bolts the party, Bernier-style, maybe offering non sequiturs about Tory brass et al being "ungrateful", etc. (Except that I suspect Ford Nation is a more vaporous thing than MAGA-hats--they're at the Ford Fests for the party, not for the mission. It'd be like Putin promising a vodka bottle a day per household)

Back