News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Some people are critical of the media, but when it comes to Doug Ford, they are getting results. Within a few hours of a story that some staffer is connected to Dean French, they are let go.

Some people are critical of the media, but when it comes to Doug Ford, they are getting results. Within a few hours of a story that some staffer is connected to Dean French, they are let go.

As a rule, not too critical (except when it is the Sun) Funny how they are getting dismissed within hours of publication, imagine if it hadn't been published, I would bet they still be drawing a salary and feeding at the trough.

Melnyk says he admitted that he didn't know who she was, which was all it took for MacLeod to launch into her alleged verbal attack against the NHL exec.

"She yells, ‘I am your minister and you’re a f*cking piece of sh*t and you’re a f*cking loser’," Melnyk claims. Confused, Melnyk tried to speak but got shut down by a final "F*ck you!" from MacLeod.

Melnyk is a totally shady character himself, but this is still a hilarious train wreck to watch happen. I guess MacLeod is gone by the end of the day.

As a rule, not too critical (except when it is the Sun) Funny how they are getting dismissed within hours of publication, imagine if it hadn't been published, I would bet they still be drawing a salary and feeding at the trough.

You should look up his presentation during his time in Alberta. It's so loaded with fluff and period buzzwords, it's unreadable (I am sure it is the sort of thing they will pat each other's back about though).

AoD

Doug Ford "For the People". NOT!

From the TTC's CEO Report, at this link.

On June 18, 2019, the TTC and the City of Toronto received a letter from Metrolinx concerning the Discounted Double Fare (DDF) Agreement. Executed in 2017 by the TTC, the City and Metrolinx, the three-year Agreement provides discounted fares for customers transferring between GO/UP and the TTC. Under the Agreement, the revenue loss to Metrolinx and the TTC from the reduced fares is fully subsidized by the Province up to a cap of $18.4M per year.​
The purpose of the Agreement is twofold:​
  • To increase the use of GO/UP services within Toronto.
  • To enable seamless customer journeys between the TTC and GO/UP systems, allowing for a transition period while making progress towards broader GTHA fare integration.
Metrolinx advises it now estimates that the program will exceed this financial year’s provincial funding cap by up to $10M and that funding may be exhausted as early as October 2019, well ahead of the Agreement’s expiration date of March 31, 2020. Phil Verster, President and CEO at Metrolinx, is proposing a “sustainable strategy for the continuation of this fare integration initiative, one that does not use a subsidy from the provincial government.” He proposes GO Transit and TTC continue to offer the DDF reduced fare without Provincial subsidy starting in October 2019.​
If the TTC continues with the program, there could be unanticipated budget pressures for the remainder of 2019 and all of 2020 due to the loss of the provincial subsidy. TTC staff is in discussion with the City and Metrolinx, and will be conducting a detailed cost-benefit analysis. Staff will report to the Board in September with our analysis and seek direction on the future of the program.​
Definitely shows that Doug Ford considers money to be more important than public transit or the environment.

Travis Dhanraj
@Travisdhanraj

#NEW: Premier @fordnation office confirms to Ford is definitely NOT considering kicking @MacLeodLisa out of caucus or cabinet. #onpoli

He said the same thing about Dean French.

ravis Dhanraj
@Travisdhanraj

#NEW: Sources tell @globalnewsto @MacLeodLisa was visibly intoxicated at #RollingStones concert...@fordnation called @MelnykEugene after incident to do “damage control”...Mayor @JohnTory was at event, his office denies though he saw incident unfold #ONpoli

Drunk....

Last edited:
Former Conservative MPP, Randy Hillier, doesn't think Doug Ford will survive as Premier..

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/loca...-hillier-says-ford-may-not-survive-as-premier

Hillier is happy when asked if he liked his position outside Ford’s circus-like management.
“I’m of the view that people in cabinet and caucus for the last year have had no influence whatsoever. I know this to be a fact.”

In his public life, Hillier has often been a non-conformist. In a wide-ranging talk Friday, he demonstrated that hasn’t changed. Of Doug Ford?
“I think it’s very unlikely he will be the leader for the next election.”

Of the government’s direction and tone in the first 12 months?
“I think they never left the campaign. That was one big thing. There seemed to be a lack of understanding of what governing is.”

Last edited:
So, I saw SAL complaining about people drinking beer on the TTC. She implied it should be a criminal offense. First off, as a conservative, why is she advocating big government? Also, as a staunch supporter of Doug Ford, shouldn't she blame him for being obsessed with alcohol sales? I mean, he is the one who thought that "buck-a-beer" was a good idea to push on everyone.

Back